9} kiss kiss

I LIGHTLY PUNCH my fist into Will's side repeatedly. After one side glance and a smirk, he ignores me.

I'm fucking starving, the only thing I ate at the restaurant was jalapeño peppers, and believe me I'm not in the mood for any more of those tiny little kill machines.

We sit on Auston's couch together, me leaning on his shoulder. Trisha, Sydney and Auston sit on the floor, while Mitch and Steph sit beside us on the long couch. Rachel sits in the armchair. We're currently about to begin playing Mario Kart, and I must admit I'm pretty good. They're in for some tough competition..

"William!" I shake both of his shoulders.

His blue eyes twinkle as they stare into mine. He leans forward, about to whisper something in my ear— or so I suspect. I'm having a very hard time trying to understand how he manages to be so effortlessly hot.

Because hot damn, he is gorgeous.

"What?!" He practically yells straight into my ear, sending a sharp sting through my head.

"That was so mean." I frown, purposely scooting away from him, creating a small space between us.

I like that we can be sarcastic with each other and not get angry every time the other says something negative. It's a good thing, seeing as I hope that we'll stay friends for a long time.
Hopefully.

Or maybe it won't last. Maybe it'll be short lived.

Overthinking much?

"I'm sorry Lo, come back." William drawls out. "My shoulder is cold now." He pouts, the most adorable cuddly expression on his face. I completely melt under pressure, and fall back into his side. That damn pout.

His arm snakes around my body, pulling me closer, though no one else notices, the blanket covering us.

"William.." I half scold, half smile at the blonde.

"What?" He grins. Like I don't know what he's up to.

"Playing innocent now?" I giggle, and tap his nose lightly with my index finger.

William just smiles crookedly, before his eyes flash back to the flat screen, in which Steph, Rachel, Mitch, and Auston are racing.

They're all screaming loudly, complaining, or cheering because they're in the lead for a second. Each of them are in the top 4, making the competition all the more anticipating.

Right now it just feels like we're all a bunch of 12 year olds playing video games, not like I'm in a room full of NHL players and silently combusting.

I haven't spoken to Auston all night, the jitters have gotten the best of me.

I mean he's just so good!

Feeling a tug on my foot, I move in Williams hold to look down at Trisha and Sydney. William doesn't pay any attention. They both sport grins from ear to ear, wiggling their eyebrows suggestively. Trisha moves her eyes from William to me, and back again.

'Kiss him' Sydney mouths silently.

What? No... we're best friends, and I'd never do that if he wasn't comfortable with it. Would he be okay with me kissing him? We're not even dating!

William shifts his attention to our quiet conversation. Trisha and Sydney snap their bodies around to face the tv, laughing softly at the situation.

Damn it.

William raises his eyebrows, smirking. I could've sworn that he let out a small snort.
Did he hear?

Before I can comprehend what's going on, his hand is grabbing the side of my jaw, and his lips are on mine. Sparks shoot through my body from head to toe. It's cliche to say that it felt magical— no electric, like lightning. It's like he's taking a piece of my heart out of my chest and keeping it in his pocket. The world is quietly hush, our eyes are closed. His lips are softer than anyone's I've ever kissed before. My arms wrap around his neck, pulling out bodies closer. I just can't get enough. This kiss is more intense than just a kiss, it's a true moment.