19

Despite coming back from France on Friday, I was still on cloud nine

Despite coming back from France on Friday, I was still on cloud nine. I honestly never imagined mine and Isaac's short break away going the way it did, but I'm glad that we had time alone together, and I don't just say that because of the sex. 

It's been over five months since we slept together but in all those weeks between now and then, I can't remember a time when it was just us, together, alone and away from everyone we know. It's hard to open up when there are so many distractions in London, not least because everyone is trying to give you their opinion on what should be going on between Isaac and me. A 'babymoon' was just what the priest ordered.

Tucked away in Aix-en-Provence, where no one really knew us, I learnt a lot about Isaac that I hadn't known before. I don't mean that in the superficial his-favourite-movie-is-Toy-Story kind of way; I mean it in the way that I've picked up on his mannerisms, the type of person he is. Before last week, I would never have pegged him as the type that would get up ridiculously early just so he could catch up on world news, eat breakfast and drink his first cup of coffee before the rest of the house stirred. And by rest of the house, I obviously mean me.

 I must say, Isaac really does know his way around a kitchen. He wouldn't let me cook once while we were in Lambesc. It was frustrating because I loved to experiment whenever I was in France, trying to perfect my grandmother Jacqueline's famous ratatouille, but I knew better than to argue with Isaac, especially when he gave that stern glare that made my insides melt. Honestly, I don't know if that stare of his was supposed to be intimidating or supposed to make we weak at the knees. 

That was another thing I learnt about Isaac- he spent far too much time staring at me. He'd look at me in awe when I spoke French to the locals, he'd look at me with surprise whenever I would say something silly, and he'd look at me like I was the most curious thing in the world seconds before he'd kiss me and refuse to let me out of his grasp. 

Do we even need to talk about the kissing and whatever happened after those kisses? Let's just say he is the perfect gentleman and I have no complaints in that department. Well, if I had one complaint it would be this- he likes to spoon. Me, not so much.