Rain, Rain, Go Away

For those of you who were expecting a really sarcastic update, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Martha has momentarily matured and most of her sarcasm has left the building

For those of you who were expecting a really sarcastic update, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Martha has momentarily matured and most of her sarcasm has left the building. This is on purpose! I know she can be sassy and that's great but as you know, I'm setting things up for the Samartha story and for that I need you to know that Martha can be very mature and if there's one thing she takes seriously, it's Sam. If there's something bothering him, she's the rock he can lean on. That's what I'm trying to do here. Sarcastic Martha will be back on Thursday!

Have you ever wondered what your living room would look like if a unicorn waltzed in and simultaneously vomited and shit itself? Well, I haven't but looking around this baby shower, I can tell you that it is certainly a sight to behold

Have you ever wondered what your living room would look like if a unicorn waltzed in and simultaneously vomited and shit itself? Well, I haven't but looking around this baby shower, I can tell you that it is certainly a sight to behold. Bright colours mixed with pastels stared back at me as I surveyed Sophie's handiwork and already, being in the midst of all this, I was getting a headache. 

"Why is it so bright?" My newly acquired best friend, Keira Delaney, wondered aloud as she came to stand at my side. She was casually dressed for the baby shower because she didn't really want to be here but was being forced to attend by not only her grandmother, but also her mother, and me. Her day old dirty hair was scraped back into a high ponytail and bunched into a messy bun at the crown of her head, her face was make up free and her eyes were on full display. I tilted my head as I looked at her, still unable to grasp that one eye was bright blue, the other a deep brown. Keira noticed my stare and frowns at me. "Really? It's bad enough that Logan keeps staring at them."

I laugh at her comment. Even though she was attempting to sound annoyed about her boyfriend's fondness for her eyes, her voice was filled with soft sweetness at the mention of Logan Leahy. They've been dating for roughly a year now and even though Keira still insists that they're 'just friends', she's absolutely besotted by him. It was nauseating but also cute. 

We both watched as Sophie rearranged an oversized vase of white roses, stopping to sneeze every few seconds. With a roll of her eyes, Keira called out for her cousin, telling Sophie to throw the flowers out. Sophie, it transpires, is allergic to flowers but wanted to give Charlotte's party a sophisticated theme. 

She missed the mark if the unicorn vo-poop was any indication. Eventually, Keira got sufficiently annoyed with Sophie's sneezing that she marched over to the vase of flowers, picked it up and threw it out the window. Literally, she threw it. Seconds later, I heard it crashing against the patio slabs followed by my father and friends shouting, "What the fuck was that?" Silence filled the house before I heard two distinct voices yelling. One- my dad- shouted my name, while the other- presumably Daniel- shouted Keira's.