25

Lazy days are my favourite kinds of days

Lazy days are my favourite kinds of days. The ones where you can just laze around in your jimjams, with yesterday's hair like a nest on the top of your head, and not give a damn about the world outside. Having Isaac enjoying the day with me wasn't so bad either. 

Actually, it was what made the day all the better.

Isaac was off today and seeing as Martha was now working for Sam on a full-time basis, I decided that I was going to be selfish and take the day off, too. It was about time everyone at the shop got used to having Nate in charge because as soon as I was on maternity leave, he was taking over the day to day running of the business. He's been a God send these past two weeks helping me to deal with work related stuff that I wouldn't trust anyone else to run the place in my absence. Knowing that everything there was in safe hands made my time away more enjoyable. 

"You know," Isaac's whispered voice made the hair at the nape of my neck tickle against my skin. "We should probably think of getting up."

You know what I said about vegging out in jimjams, well I may have misled you there. Ever since our sex marathon last week, Isaac and I haven't really got back into the habit of wearing clothes outside of my flat. We haven't been back to Isaac's houseboat in days because neither of us felt comfortable being that, uh, wild between the sheets when Martha was sleeping only a few feet away. Or rather, with the way we were going, she wouldn't have had much sleep anyway.

"I don't want to get up," I grumbled, turning over so that I could see Isaac's face. He had days old stubble decorating his perfectly gorgeous face which prickled my lips whenever I kissed his cheeks and his blue eyes were sparkling with unadulterated desire. Whenever he looked at me with those eyes, it made me go weak at the knees because I knew that he craved me. We'd reached the point that we no longer needed words to communicate, simply a glance would suffice and that would be it. "Stop looking at me like that."

A boyish grin works its way onto Isaac's features and it takes all my willpower not to throw my legs around his waist and beg him to ravish me again. "I have no idea what you are talking about, Charlotte," he said, his voice dangerously low. Sighing, I close my eyes and try to compose myself but it doesn't work. Within seconds, I find myself straddling him as I lean forward to capture his lips with mine, a burning sensation tearing through my core as my body comes alive at his touch. I was never this sexual before but there was something about Isaac... something irresistible. "Miss Delaney, are you trying to seduce me."

"Well, if you have to ask then I suppose I'm not doing a good enough job," I say. Forcing myself to be serious for a moment, I start to move away from Isaac, going to lie back on my side of the bed. "I'll just stop there, then."

Chancing a glance in his direction, I see Isaac smirking to himself as his hands creep under the thin bedsheet that covers. Feeling his warm hands on my thigh, I suck in a sharp breath as my heartbeat intensifies, a clear sign that I was about to wholly give in to him. All he had to do was whisper those magic words to me and that would be it, gone.