Seven Weeks

I love being a mum; I can't think of anything else I love more than being a parent to Sera but sometimes, I think that maybe heading out for a spa day with my sisters may just be a tad better

I love being a mum; I can't think of anything else I love more than being a parent to Sera but sometimes, I think that maybe heading out for a spa day with my sisters may just be a tad better. It was just my luck then when Isaac came home on Friday night and surprised me with the news that he'd booked for Emma, Sophie, Mum, Martha and I to go to a spa the following morning. 

Instantly, I was suspicious but when he stated that he'd more than happily go in my place- even if it meant having to share a hot tub with Sophie- I decided that I deserved the spa break more than he did. Sorry, but I'm the one that underwent major abdominal surgery, I'm the one that gets up in the middle of the night to breastfeed a screaming, hungry baby, and I'm the one who spends most of the day at home with Sera. Plus, I still can't fit into my pre-baby jeans, so I think I deserve some form of compensation. 

That said, as soon as a few other people found out about our planned spa day, they insisted on coming along too. Granted, Lucas' girlfriend, Millie, asked if she could come and we were more than happy to have her spend the day with us. Honestly, after everything Luc's been through, for him to have someone as amazing as Millie was a blessing to us all. She adored him more than he deserved and if they ever- God forbid!- broke up, I'd find it impossible to not be friends with her anymore. 

The second person who wanted to tag along, however, was one I would have gladly banned. Keira Delaney is a pain in the arse at the best of times but put us all in a sauna with her, she becomes infinitely more unbearable. I was all for saying, "Hell no!" when Martha asked if my cousin could come with us if it wasn't for the puppy dog look that Martha gave me. Within seconds, "Hell no!" had become, "Of course! I wouldn't have it any other way!"

I was so excited, though, that I really wasn't that bothered Keira would be coming. She and Sophie would keep each other entertained, which meant that the rest of us could enjoy our mani-pedi session in blissful serenity. Isaac had thoughtfully booked me in for a hot stone full body massage but I wasn't sure if it was something I could go through; the c-section wasn't that long ago and while the scar has healed and the doctor is pleased with everything, just the thought of lying on my stomach for about forty minutes was horrendous. I can only imagine what actually lying there for that length of time would actually be like. 

"Stop stressing," Emma tells me as we book into the spa and sign the waiver forms. Stupidly, Isaac had booked the spa at the Knightsbridge Delaney hotel and while the woman behind the spa's reception desk knew who we were, she still made us fill out all the paperwork that we'd completed a hundred times before. Emma started to read the wording on the forms out loud before she stopped and rolled her eyes. "These things haven't changed since nineteen-ninety-nine."

Taking the forms, Emma led us into the private waiting room so that we could sit and fill out the paperwork while sipping on champagne, or orange juice for me. As I was still breastfeeding, I wasn't allowed alcohol but that didn't mean I couldn't still have fun with the girls. Two drinks later, with the forms complete, we were eventually allowed into the spa and were promptly shown to the changing room. Within minutes, it was obvious that we were the only ones here.