18

"Harry, get ready we're going in ten minutes." Geoff dismissed the boy.

"Can you help me daddy?" Harry asked, standing awkwardly with his pigeon toed feet in the doorway to the office.

"For gods sake Harry, you're nine, not three. You can get yourself dressed." Geoff scoffed and Harry nodded sadly and left as tears started building in his eyes.

He would've asked Liam to help him as that's what he would usually do but his father's words were still ringing in his head. He could also hear the shower in Liam's room was on so he decided to get himself dressed like a big boy.

He padded into his room and stood facing his chest of drawers for a good five minutes thinking about how he would tackle this. It wasn't as if he had to change his pull-up since Liam had changed him out of that the minute he woke up, but he still didn't know what he should wear, or where to start.

He stood on his tiptoes as he opened the top drawer and took out a pair of monkey undies, a pair of socks to match and a vest. He stripped himself of his pyjamas and pulled his undies up his skinny legs and put his socks on. Getting the vest on was a bit trickier, but he managed it none the less.

He picked an Elsa top to wear with some dark blue jeans. He pulled the jeans on no bother and was pleased with himself for being a big boy. However, he failed to notice that he had put them on back to front.

His top was another scenario. It wasn't as easy as the vest to put on and he kept getting his head stuck in different holes. First it was stuck in the left arm hole and then the right. He just couldn't seem to get it in the head hole.

Of course, Harry eventually got his head stuck inside the t-shirt and began panicking. He couldn't get the top off and it was too tight. He knew it wasn't anywhere near the correct hole and he couldn't seem to find a way to get out of it. He began pacing around the room, desperately trying to claw the top off, when suddenly two familiar hands stilled his movements and brought the top over his head.

Liam stood and observed the small boy, his face was red and he had been crying. Liam didn't have any time to ask him about it when Harry crashed into Liam's arms and started sobbing.

"Shhhh baby. It's okay, what are all of these tears for?" Liam asked as he picked Harry up and started to bounce him up and down in his arms until his sobs started to die down.

When Liam heard that Harry's breathing rate had returned to normal he sat on Harry's bed with Harry in his lap. Liam's hair was still wet from the shower and he only had on jeans as he was just finishing zipping up his jeans when he heard Harry's distressed noises.

"Do you want to tell LiLi what happened? And why you never asked me for help?" Liam cooed as he rocked Harry like a baby in his arms.

Liam knew Harry would love it as he liked being treated like a baby. It did help calm him down, but it maybe calmed him a bit too much as he went to put his thumb in his mouth.

"No baby, that's icky. Tell LiLi what's wrong." Liam repeated, this time a little bit firmer as he took Harry's thumb out of his mouth.

Harry sniffled a few times before he was finally able to tell Liam what the cause of his distress was about.

"D-daddy told me m'a big b-boy who doesn't need help getting d-dressed so I w-wanted to get dressed o-on my own but I couldn't d-do it LiLi!" Harry cried as he snuggled into his brother's chest.

"Shhhh now baby. It's alright. LiLi will help you get dressed, yeah?" Liam cooed as he stood Harry in front of him and wiped his tears.

Liam sorted Harry's trousers by making him take them off and then holding them for him to step into - like he usually does - which made Harry blush because he thought that was the one part he'd done correctly.