17

Liam woke up extremely early the next morning, unable to sleep properly since he kept running through a checklist in his head of everything he had to get through before his parents' arrival today.

He didn't have too long to think about it though as Niall's cries soon sounded through the baby monitor. This alarmed Liam as Niall rarely woke up crying, it usually meant he wasn't feeling well or was grumpy. Liam hoped he was neither.

Approaching the baby's cot, Liam saw that Niall had his arms up readily waiting for his big brother to pick him up. His crying ceased when Liam picked him up and felt Niall's clothes were wet with sweat. He must've been too warm.

"Shall we get you out of this onesie baby boy?" Liam cooed a she laid Niall down on the changing table.

He now understood why the baby was so fussy, it was about 25 degrees in the room. Niall sucked on his dummy harshly as he watched Liam with his big watery blue eyes as the older lad changed him.

"All done bub!" Liam said, deciding to just leave him in his nappy as he picked him up from the changing table and Niall curled into Liam's bare chest.

Niall snuggled into Liam's chest, resting his ear at Liam's heart so he could hear it beating. Ever since Niall was born he always loved skin on skin contact. Liam kissed his head and walked back into his room to lie down with the one year old.

He tried to place Niall on the bed but the younger wasn't having it.

"Da." He whined clinging to Liam tightly, his small hands having an iron grip on Liam.

"Okay Nibear." Liam cooed as he laid down with Niall on his chest.

The two didn't get much sleep after that as Harry found his way into the room, also being too warm. He loved his hair and usually had no problem with it, however it made him feel sticky in the heat.

"LiLi?" Harry asked.

"Yeah babe?"

"What time is mummy and daddy coming home?" Harry asked as he sat up on Liam's bed.

"I think they'll be here about nine o'clock, so about four Doc Mcstuffins episodes." Liam told him.

An hour later, Liam had Zayn and Louis up too and made them clean their rooms while Liam prepared some breakfast. Niall settled on having his morning bottle and a banana and Harry had a bowl of weetabix. Zayn and Louis both had a fruit salad with Liam and then helped him do the dishes afterwards.

Then a nightmare struck.

"We're home!" A shrill voice shouted from the entrance.

Liam froze when he heard his mother's voice and looked warily at the boys. However, Harry was already out of his chair and running to greet his mummy.

"Mumma!" Harry shouted as he crashed into Karen's body, wrapping his arms around her.

"Careful Harry, this is a new suit." Karen said while detaching the boy from her and wiping the front of her suit down.

"I missed you." Harry said shyly.

"I missed you too love. Now where are your brothers?" Karen said, looking past Harry.

"Mum!" Liam smiled fakely. "How are you?" He asked, giving her a brief hug with Niall still in his arms.

"I'm good Li. The company's doing splendidly at the moment so that's a bonus." She said and then looked to Niall. "Look at my baby! You've gotten so big!" She exclaimed as she took Niall off of Liam.

'Yes because you haven't seen him in almost a year' Liam thought as he watched Niall's face turn into one of confusion. Niall made grabby hands for Liam, which Karen ignored and Liam just sadly shook his head.

Just then Geoff entered smelling like he's just smoked a million cigarettes. He still had the same frown plastered on his face that didn't seem to go away no matter what.

"Alright lads." Geoff said in a deep voice as Harry started spluttering because of the smoke and his asthma.

"Hi daddy." Harry chirped after his coughing fit. Geoff looked down at him and grunted before paying more attention to his wife and Liam.

"How've you been son?" He asked, clapping Liam on the back.

"I've been good, graduation's coming up soon and then I'm going to Uni to do Law." Liam explained as his dad nodded. "How's the football going?"

"Great, I'm still the captain and our last game will be two weeks today. Boo and Zee are both on the junior football team this year." He told Geoff.

"You enjoying the football?" He asked Louis and Zayn.

"Yeah." Louis said for both he and Zayn.

"Take your mum and I's bags up to our room please." Geoff said to Louis and Zayn. Louis was about to say something probably extremely sassy and cheeky but Liam shut him up with one look. The two complied silently and took the luggage up the stairs.

Geoff moved on to see his youngest child. He observed Niall in his wife's arms and then opened his arms for he child. Niall, not liking that there was a scary man trying to take him started to whimper. When Karen placed Niall in Geoff's arms he really began to cry, letting out large sobs as far tears made their way down his face.

"Dada." He cried and Geoff awkwardly bounced him, not really knowing how to calm him down.

"That's right baby, dada's here." Geoff said gruffly.

"Noooo, dada!" Niall sobbed, his face becoming red as he reached for Liam. Liam sighed and took Niall from his father as Geoff looked a bit miffed after Niall's reaction.

"I think he's just still a little grumpy from this morning. He was too warm last night." Liam tried to explain.

Geoff nodded grumpily as Niall burried his face into Liam's top, not daring to look at the man. Harry also stood beside Liam, cuddling into his side as he sensed the awkward tension in the room.

"We're going to the zoo today." Karen said to Liam as she made her way into their home office.

"Okay, I'll put Niall down for a nap." Liam suggested a he turned to go upstairs.

"Don't be silly! I'm home now, I'll be able to take care of him. After all, I am his mother."

Liam reluctantly handed Niall to his mum, who walked up the stairs with the blonde baby in her arms who was looking back at Liam with wide eyes.

Liam blew Niall a kiss and gave him a wave as the one year old gave him a look that screamed 'don't leave me with this woman.'

Hey guys!

So the parents have arrived! What do you think about them? Tell me your first impressions in the comments!

How do you think their time at the zoo will be?

Also, I'm almost at 200 followers so I would appreciate it so much if you could give me a follow too! It would honestly make my day!

Love you guys!

Comment! Vote!

Thank youuuuuu

💖

28/06/17