23

It was 1:30 am when Zayn woke up shivering, again. He was drenched in sweat but freezing at the same time, although he had wrapped himself up in the duvet like a burrito. This in turn woke Louis up too as the boy was quite a light sleeper.

"Zayn, stop moving." Louis groaned as he tried to wrestle Zayn for some of the covers.

"Don't feel well Boo." Zayn sniffled. It was one thing to be unwell in your own house, but to be unwell in an unknown place was much much worse.

"Zayn you have to be quiet okay, everyone's still sleeping." Louis pleaded.

"Want Li." He cried, keeping his words to a minimum as he could feel his tummy was unsettled.

Louis sighed as he heaved himself out of bed. As he tiptoed across Olivia's hall he felt like a little kid again, going into his big brother's room for comfort after a nightmare. He was slightly embarrassed but he knew that Zayn needed Liam desperately.

He cringed as he opened the door, praying that he wouldn't walk in on his brother and Olivia doing anything, but he then remembered Harry and Niall were in there so it was all good.

Liam, as always, was awake the second he heard the slightest noise; the door opening. Louis walked slowly over to the bed, being careful to avoid creaking floorboards.

"Li." Louis said, tapping the older boy on the shoulder slightly.

"What's up boo?" Liam asked as he sat up, being careful not to wake Olivia or Harry up. He had expected Zayn to come and get him, not Louis but of course Liam wasn't going to judge his little brother for needing him.

"Zayn needs you, he's not well."

In a flash, Liam was out of the bed and straight into the boys' shared room, Louis not far behind him.

Needless to say, Liam spent the next ten minutes helping Zayn to the toilet and staying with him while he sat beside the toilet as he was sure he was going to throw up. Liam continued to rub Zayn's back soothingly as the boy sat on the cold tiled floor.

"Zee bub, I don't think you're going to be sick." Liam said after half an hour of nothing in the toilet. "C'mon lets get you back to bed."

Liam carried Zayn back to bed and moved the bin so it was beside them, just in case Zayn's stomach decided to do a little flip. Louis was sound asleep again so Liam tucked Zayn in carefully while Zayn looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Please stay?" He whispered, intent on not waking anyone else up but also because his throat was hurting.

Liam sighed quietly but of course he couldn't turn down Zayn's request. Zayn moved over on the bed which was now extremely crowded, and Liam got in next to Zayn. As always Zayn cuddled into Liam's side, laying his head in his bare chest.

"Go to sleep baby, you'll hopefully feel better in the morning." Liam whispered, pecking Zayn's hair.

Liam stayed up the whole night, taking Zayn's temperature every hour and was pleased to notice that by three am he no longer had a fever and was just slightly too warm.

"Daddy!" Cries sounded at six o'clock in Olivia's room.

She turned to shake Liam awake but instead found his side of the bed empty. Not having too much time to think about it, as Niall's cries increased, she got out of bed and picked the small baby up.

"Good morning baby boy!" She cooed, bouncing Niall in her arms.

He calmed down almost immediately, now just sniffling in Olivia's arms. Niall looked around the room, probably trying to find Liam, Harry was still fast asleep on the bed face buried into the pillow that Liam had been lying on.

"Dada." Niall whined, wriggling about in Liv's arms.

"Will we go find Daddy?" Olivia asked, making Niall nod his head and excitedly clap his hands.

"Li?" Olivia opened the door to the room where Zayn and Louis had been sleeping.

"Daddy!" Niall exclaimed when he caught sight of Liam lying beside Zayn on the bed.

Liam smiled tiredly, having gotten next to no sleep the night before, but accepting the small blonde in his arms anyway.

"Wub dada." Niall sighed happily against Liam's chest, leaning his head on it.

"I love you too Nibear, I'm sorry I wasn't there this morning like usual, Zaynie was just feeling a little bit sick last night." Liam cooed, rubbing Niall's small back.

Liam had decided after yesterday that if Niall wanted to call him dad then so be it, reaching the conclusion that his father didn't care enough and it certainly wasn't healthy for a baby to only see their 'father' twice a year at the most. When he spoke about it with Olivia she totally agreed, saying that as Niall grew up he would need more stability in his life.

Not too long after, Harry woke up alone in Olivia's room and rushed to join everyone, which then in turn caused Louis to wake up.

"Um, good morning?" Louis said as he rubbed his eyes and saw the small congregation in the room that originally just had him and Zayn in it.

"Morning boo." Liam chuckled.

Olivia and Liam then took Harry and Niall to get dressed for the day and left Louis and Zayn in the room. Liam had planned to take the boys to the mall today to take their minds off their parents but he wasn't sure now since Zayn hadn't been well.

Once the two youngest were dressed Olivia took them downstairs while Liam woke Zayn up and told Louis to get dressed.

"Wan Dada." Niall whined to Olivia as she attempted to heat a bottle for him whilst he was on her hip.

"Daddy's at home NiNi. Why would you want him anyways?" Harry said as he ate his cornflakes.

"Nooooo." Niall insisted, getting frustrated that Harry didn't understand but of course his vocabulary was limited.

Olivia noticed what was confusing the two boys but decided to not say anything as she and Liam hadn't spoken about how the other boys, more so Harry, would feel if Niall started calling Liam dad.

"This little trooper wants to go to the mall today." Liam said as he entered the kitchen with Zayn on his back, Louis walking in behind him, on his phone.

"Are you sure Zee? You don't have to go if you aren't feeling up to it honey." Olivia said as she put some bread in the toaster and passing Niall to Liam as Zayn dismounted his back.

"M'sure." Zayn nodded.

Liam smiled as he thought the shopping trip would be just what the boys needed to occupy their minds. Of course he was going to spoil them, but he doesn't do it to earn their love and affection and that was just one of the many differences between Liam and his parents.

Hey guys!

Look what the cat dragged in, eh? I'm so sorry it's been so long but I've been awfully busy.

thank you so much for sticking with me!

Love you guys!

Comment! Vote!

Thank youuuuuu

💖

9/08/17