21

Liam woke up by their front door slamming shut and someone stomping up the stairs. He flew out of his bed quickly, grabbing the bat he keeps beside his bed and stood in his doorway in the hall.

Geoff reached the top of the stairs, stumbling slightly and grabbing the banister to help steady himself. Liam watched him saunter about drunk for a moment before he opened Zayn's door and went inside, and that's where Liam drew the line. He sighed as his dad dropped his beer bottle on the floor upon noticing Liam and then walked up to him with a big smile and slung his arm around his shoulder, laughing about nothing. The stench of alcohol on his breath was prominent and his eyes were slightly glazed.

He was drunk.

"Liam, my son!" Geoff laughed as Liam tried to haul the man into his room.

Ignoring all of Geoff's drunken slurs Liam managed to get him into bed beside his mother, who was already sleeping with an eye mask on, her hair in curlers and some sort of cream on her face.

Going back into his own room he snuggled up with Harry until Niall's morning call, five hours later at six. Harry was up at six too, and the three of them cuddled downstairs on the couch in front of the fire while Liam read a story instead of their usual cuddling in Liam's bed.

Louis finally appeared some time later while Liam was making breakfast, the blue eyed boy typing furiously on his phone.

"Lou can you go wake Zee up please?" Liam asked as he juggled cooking breakfast while entertaining Niall, who was attempting to climb up his legs, and Harry.

Nodding, Louis trudged back up the stairs and into Zayn's room where he heard some groans and quiet sniffles. Reluctantly pulling the covers back, Louis was met with a Zayn curled up into the foetal position and clutching his stomach.

"What's wrong Zee?" Louis asked, sitting on the side of Zayn's bed and rubbing the younger lads back.

"T-tummy, h-hurts." He whimpered.

Just as Louis was about to call for Liam, Zayn's bedroom door opened revealing their mother standing in one of her Gucci suits.

"Zayn! What the hell is this? Why is there an empty beer bottle in your room?!" She asked, bending down to pick said bottle up.

After no answer she tried again.

"Zayn, I asked you a question." She said impatiently.

"He's not well mum." Louis huffed, to which Karen scowled.

"Well of course he won't be if he's been drinking!"

"Wasn't me." Zayn managed to mumble.

"You're not fooling anyone Zayn." Karen rolled her eyes. "If you want to be naughty then you have to deal with the consequences. No coming out of your room until I tell you to, Louis come down stairs, Zayn needs some alone time to consider his actions."

Louis looked at the pale Zayn and knew his little brother hadn't ingested any alcohol as whenever they have a football team sleepover someone always brings some type of alcohol and Zayn always turns his nose up at it, claiming is smells 'yucky.'

"But m-"

"No buts Louis, get downstairs now. And try not to make too much noise, your father has had a rough night as it is." She said.

Louis gave Zayn a peck on the forehead, feeling the warmth radiate off of him and followed his mother out of the room. Once the door was shut, Zayn cried into his pillow. His head was pounding and his tummy felt like a washing machine. All he wanted was to cuddle with Liam and to be told it was all going to be okay.