34

Happy New Years everyone! I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to update but please comment, comment, comment!!

I also want to say a massive thank you to whenhazzametboo for the encouragement and help with this chapter!

Louis had now been dating Emma for just over a month. Both Liam and Liv agreed that she was a lovely, manner-able girl and were extremely happy for Louis as the boy already seemed smitten.

Acting like a love sick puppy got him teased by his team mates and friends but it was all worth it to him. The incident of their first date had been forgotten and Louis had been there for the girl when she would get upset regarding her grandfather's death.

Although Louis didn't like to admit it, he was maybe, what some might call, a 'late bloomer'. Liam had had 'The Talk' with him two years ago, assuring his brother that changes were natural and necessary and there was no need at all to be ashamed about them. The main reason this talk was carried out when the boy was 13 was because Liam was twelve when he started going through changes. However, he knew every person was different and since his little brother hadn't come to him beforehand he decided to put the chat off until he was 13 and Liam was 16.

It was extremely awkward (but necessary) for both boys, and although they managed to get through it with minimal (mental) scarring it was still the most awkward encounter they had both ever had - excluding the one time that Louis almost walked in on Liam during his 'alone time' but that's another story.

However, it was only now that Louis had started to see these changes. About a year ago they had started and he didn't need to panic because he remembered what Liam had told him. He had also explained everything to do with 'IT' so all was okay in theory.

In theory.

When one morning the boy woke up with a rather unpleasant and damp feeling in his underwear, his heart felt like it was in his throat and he could've thrown up. There was absolutely no way that he could have done something as infantile as wetting the bed. Upon further inspection as he got out his bed and carefully and quietly crept over to switch his room light on, he realised that there was no mark on his bed, just in his boxers.

That's when he realised what had happened.

Letting out a string of curse words he quickly pulled off the underwear and left them in the corner of his room, he'd deal with it in the morning. He quickly pulled on another pair and switched the light back off, getting under his covers and falling into a peaceful sleep.

In the morning, Zayn helped Liam with breakfast. He played with Niall for a bit while Liam was busy cooking, helping the one year old build a tower with his wooden blocks, a toy set that all five of the boys had played with at one point in their childhood. By the time breakfast was ready, Harry had also appeared in the kitchen, clinging on to Liam's side and asking for a change. Liam put some of the pancakes on a plate to cool before hoisting Harry up onto his hip.

"Zee, can you keep an eye on the pancakes and Niall while I get Harry changed?" He asked, to which Zayn nodded while cooing at his blonde little brother.

Liam took Harry up to his room and made quick work of changing him. "What undies do you want to wear today bubba?" Liam asked, holding up ones with Paw Patrol characters and plain white ones.

"Chase please daddy." He mumbled from around his thumb which he had sneakily placed on his mouth when Liam had gone to get him underwear for the day.

"Chase it is." Liam smiled while getting him cleaned and into the new undies, leaving the boy dressed in his pyjama top and the underwear since he was bound to get messy at breakfast. "You go join Zayn and Niall downstairs while I try to wake Boo up." He said, helping the younger boy off his bed and giving him a little tap on the bottom to send him on his way.