16

Anxiety was heightened the day before their parents were to arrive. Liam had to make sure the place was spotless, there was food in the fridge and cupboards and of course, prepare all of the boys mentally for their parents arrival.

As the week progressed Louis became quieter, not really speaking to anyone and always on his phone. He was glued to it. He wouldn't go anywhere without it, even fearing to put it down for a few seconds. However, he did seem happier when he was on it which is why Liam allowed him to continue to be on it.

"Lou, can you please set the table?" Liam asked as he finished making lunch, it was just sandwiches but Liam loved the idea of family time and sitting together at the table for all meals.

Louis didn't look up from his phone and continued texting with a small smile playing on his lips. Liam sighed as Louis had been sucked into his own world when he was on his phone.

"Louis." Liam said again, this time louder and sharper which caught the fifteen year old's attention.

"What?" He asked, kind of snappy. Why did Liam have to interrupt the conversation he was having on his phone.

"I asked you to set the table but you're not listening because you're always on that damn phone."

Louis huffed but nevertheless put his phone in his pocket and set the table.

"I don't see why Zayn can't help." Louis grumbled as he set the last bottle of water on the table.

"Because he's still hurt. I didn't think it was that big a deal for you to help me." Liam had maybe been coddling Zayn a bit too much after his injury but he was just worried!

"Whatever." Louis said, going back to his phone.

Liam put the sandwiches on platters and placed them in the middle of the table, that way people could take what they wanted. He had made a selection of ham, cheese, ham and cheese, chicken salad and tuna.

"Lunch time!" Liam called and Harry sprinted in like a flash. "Wow there baby, you need to wash your hands before you eat, what were you doing outside?"

"Me and Liv were making daisy chains but Niall kept ruining hers." Harry said as Liam lifted him up so he could reach the sink in the kitchen to wash his hands.

"Where is Liv and Niall?"

"They're just coming." Harry said and at that moment Liv entered with Niall who seemed to have mud around his face. It made him look like he had a little beard.

"Someone decided they wanted to try and eat some of the flowers." Liv said as Niall giggled from his place on her hip. He was at the age where everything he came across went straight into his mouth so Liam had to be extra vigilant.

"Silly boy." Liam cooed at Niall and took him from Liv to wipe his face and hands with a baby wipe.

They all sat down for lunch, Louis still only paying attention to his phone and completely ignoring Olivia's questions.

"Louis, I've had enough of you on that phone put it down now or I'll take it for the rest of the day." Liam said sternly as he glared at the younger lad from across the table.

Louis put it away wordlessly but kept a scowl on his face. The rest of the lunch consisted of the six of them talking about trivial things, including school which was nearly over for the summer. That also meant Liam's graduation would be soon.