Mufasa and Stampede

Aurora's POV

"Now remember stay with your father unless he says otherwise. Do as your told" mum reminds me. Simba was going to hang out with uncle Scar today and explore with him. While dad takes me on a tour of the pride lands on his back. My paw has nearly healed the swelling went down, but it was still tender.

"I will mum don't worry I'll be fine" I assure her rubbing against her front legs.

"I know, but I worry about you and Simba always as does your father" she tells me. Just then Dad enters the den after dropping Simba off at Uncle Scar's and Aunt Zira's cave. I don't like Aunt Zira much, she scars me.

"Ready to explore?" he asks me.

"Yes Daddy" I say smiling and mum picks me up placing me on his back. I snuggle into his mane happily. I am a complete daddy's girl, but it doesn't mean I love my mother any less. I just love spending time with father and the stories he tells me about the pride lands.

"Take good care of her Mufasa and have fun" mum says rubbing against his side gently.

"We'll be fine Sarabi" he assures her and she purrs. "Just enjoy your day off, Scar is looking after Simba and I'll take good care of Aurora. Go see Sarafina and Mary, I know you've missed them" he tells her gently.

"I will, see you later Mufasa and Aurora" mum says and we leave. I dig my claws lightly into fathers mane as we descend to the ground. Then relax as he heads to the antelope plains where they have given birth to new life.

"Father can you tell me again of the circle of life?" I ask.

"Of course as you know everything exists because of a delicate balance we are all connected. From the crawling ant to the leaping antelope" he states.

"Is that why there are hunting laws?" I ask.

"Yes, if we did not follow them the herds would leave" dad states.

"But some leave during the dry season anyway, so why would hunting affect them?" I ask.

"Because if we hunted randomly without concern for the herds well being. We'd lose our food source and the pride lands will remain dry. As long as we have the herds trust they'll return after the dry season. If not, not only the zebras and wildebeest well move on. But all the herds" he explains.

"I promise to learn the laws and follow them always father" I assure him.

"I know you will" he says with a chuckle. "Zazu is going to appear soon to give me a report, why don't you stretch your legs a little" he suggests crouching down.

"Sure thing Daddy" I say hoping off his back and spot some ants. I decided to follow them as Zazu landed on father's shoulder. I tune out their discussion until I notice a dust cloud raising from the gorge. "Dad whats that?" I ask pointing to it.

"The herd appears to be on the move sire" Zazu states.

"Odd" dad states looking at the gorge.

"Mufasa stampede in the gorge Simba's down there" Uncle Scar says as he appears.

"Simba?" Dad asks in concern and alarm.

"Dad you promised to spend the day with me" I remind him.

"Simba is in danger Aurora, return home now" he tells me.

"That's all you care about, is Simba you don't care about me at all!" I shout.

"That's not true, we are wasting time go home Aurora!" he shouts at me. I shrink back with tears in my eyes. Father has never yelled at me before, never nor has mother. "Aurora I didn't..." he tries to explain but I run away. I head to Uncle Scar's cave wanting to be alone and Aunt Zira was out hunting. No doubt Uncle Scar went with father to the gorge to rescue their precious Simba.

I lay down as tears fall down my face in sadness and anger. "What are you doing here?" a voice asks behind me. Turning I see Aunt Zira looking at me.

"Father hates me, he cares more about Simba then me. He promised we'd spend the whole day together and he broke his promise" I explain. She sits in front of me wrapping a paw around me as I cry into her chest. "Why does he love Simba more then me?" I ask her.

"Maybe because he isn't your real father" she states pulling away. "I was sworn never to tell you this. But you deserve to know the truth, you are not his or Sarabi's daughter. Or Simba's little sister. You are the daughter of a rogue lioness abandoned in our territory. Sarabi found you and took you in as her own. Mufasa only allowed you to stay because of her and because Simba had grown fond of you as a sister. Scar is the one who has always been there for you" she explains.

"They lied to me? All my life?" I ask as I became angry.

"Yes little one and everyone knows the truth" aunt Zira states. "Scar argued with Mufasa constantly saying you deserved the truth. But Mufasa always refused to tell you the truth" she explains.

"And mother?" I ask looking up.

"She also wanted to tell you, but thought you were to weak to accept the truth. Myself and Scar however believe you strong enough to handle it. If we were in charge you would have never been lied too" she explains. "But as you are not blood related to the royal family you can never be queen of the pride lands" she adds.

"I never wanted to be queen, I just wanted to look after the future generation and teach them about the circle of life" I tell her. "I think I'll rest now, thank you for telling me the truth" I say as I lay down. Closing my eyes I fall into a light sleep as she lays down beside me keeping watch.

A/N

Picture above of Mufasa and Zazu. Picture on the external link of two antelope.