Hunts and Fire

Storm's POV

"My how you've both grown" one of the lionesses state as Kiara and I walk over to our parents. Mia and Kai stood beside them. Kai had gained Uncle Simba's trust when he saved me from drowning in the river. Needless to say I've been wary of water ever since.

"You'll do just fine" Kiara and my mother state greeting us. Kiara and I are about to go on our first hunt separately. I was going to hunt on the out skirts while she hunts closer to home.

"Dad you have to promise to let me do this on my own, promise?" Kiara asks Uncle Simba.

"Ok I promise" he tells her after looking up at the sky. She and I both said goodbye to our fathers before leaving. I head for the antelope herd in the southern plains which is near the out lands. Stalking the herd silently I choose which one to take down. However, as I'm about to pounce I smelt smoke and look up as does the herd.

We all see the smoke and start to run from it when I spot Kiara. "What happened to you hunting in the western plains?" I ask as we run from the fire together. It was getting hard to breath as the fire surrounded us.

"Dad broke his promise, sent Timon and Pumba to watch me hunt" she states. "There's no way out" she adds looking around. I too look around and spot a low cliff.

"Over there, up on the small cliff" I tell her coughing. She nods her head and we run for it. We jump onto it and claw our way up over the edge before she collapses. "No Kiara, hang on" I tell her trying to pick her up before I pass out as well.

Rogue lion's POV

I walk through the fire looking for a way out. I then see an other lion pulling a lioness onto his back run over. "What happened?" I ask and see the other unconscious lioness. "We have to get them out of here, there's a river not far from here. Follow me" I tell him placing the other lioness onto my back.

Before running through the fire with him following me. We narrowly avoided the flames and falling trees. When we reach the cliff over the river we jumped off it into the river. Then we pulled the two lionesses to shore. Both cough up a little water as they wake up asking where they were.

Storm's POV

"You're safe in the pridelands" a male's voice answers mine and Kiara's question.

"The pridelands, no why did you bring me here? Who do you think you are?" Kiara demands looking at a brown rogue lion. I notice a grey one here also (link to picture of the grey lion: http://orig06.deviantart.net/7a61/f/2012/094/2/5/lion_king_base_5_by_sj_bases-d4uzagh.png).

"Who are you?" I ask him ignoring the other two as they argued.

"The one who saved your life" he says vaguely. "Is she always this stubborn?" he asks looking at Kiara and the other lion.

"Pretty much" I say shrugging. Just then Uncle Simba arrived with Kai and they roar at the brown lion who roars back. Then Kai notices the other lion beside me.

"Emmet" he states smiling.

"Kai" Emmet replies nodding his head.

"You how dare you save the king's daughter" Rafiki states pointing at the brown lion.

"You saved her? Why?" Uncle Simba asks.

"I humbly ask to join your pride" he states.

"No you were punished with the other outsiders" Uncle Simba states.

"I have left the outsiders, judge me now for who I am or am I to be blamed for a crime I didn't commit?" the lion asks.

"Simba you owe him your daughters life and the other lion for saving Storm" Aunt Nala reminds him.

"Yes sire, clearly we are in their dent and royal protical demands all dents be paid. During this case you might want to make an exception" Zazu states. Uncle Simba looks at Emmet and the other lion.

"My father's law will prevail, for now I reserve judgement we'll see who you really are" he states. Then starts leading us all back to pride rock. Kai was walking beside Emmet and I.

"So this is where you disappeared too?" Emmet asks Kai. "I bet it's nice when there's no fire" he states smirking. "So is this the lovely Mia?" he asks looking at me.

"No I'm her younger sister Storm" I tell him smiling.

"So you're single?" he asks.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not I'm not telling" I state and flick his head with my tail as I walk away. "Hey Aunt Nala, how was your day?" I ask as I walk beside her and Kiara.

"Not as eventful as yours" she tells me.  "So whose you're lion?" she asks smirking looking back as Kai and Emmet.

"He's not my anything, just the lion who saved my life. Kai says his name is Emmet" I tell her.

"Oh come on Storm, I saw the way you were eying him" Kiara smirks.

"I can't deny he is easy on the eye" I state looking at him. "But he is to cocky for his own good" I tell them smiling. "I'm fine mum and dad" I assure them as we reach pride rock. But they still looked me over for injuries before thanking Emmet for saving me. Kai and Mia greeted each other & he introduced her to Emmet.

Uncle Simba said Kovu (the brown lion) and Emmet can't sleep in the den until they gain his trust. So I decide to show Emmet the cave mum used to sleep in. "It's not much, but it's better then sleeping outside" I tell him.

"Thank you, I hope we can get to know each other better" he states smirking.

"In your dreams, see you tomorrow maybe" I tell him. Before I leave him and head to the den, I see Kovu sleeping against a rock. I sigh shaking my head and enter the den going over to my family. I lay down beside Mai and fall asleep quickly dreaming about a certain grey lion.

A/N

Picture above of Kovu holding an unconscious Kiara. Picture on the external link of Storm now.