Kai The New Lion

Mia's POV

Nala, Mum, Grandmother and Sarafina have taken Kiara & Storm for the day. And I don't need to hunt so I am having a me day. I walk walking along the river enjoying the beautiful day. Mum said Dad would arrive today and would be here for a few days. So I can't wait to see him and I hope he's proud of the lioness I've become.

I sigh as I lay on a rock hanging over a lake looking into the water only seeing half of my reflection. I hadn't found my other half yet and I was beginning to think he didn't exist. "Grandfather will I ever find him?" I ask looking up at the sky.

"Who you talking to?" a voice asks behind me making me jump off and fall off the hanging rock into the water. Whoever it was laughed as I came out of the water and I glared at them.

"You idiot, do you know how long it's going to take to dry then groom my fur again?" I ask the lion growling. "Also outsiders aren't welcome here" I tell him.

"I'm no outsider, I used to live in the Northern Plains" he explains.

"Hmp" I said and shake myself getting water all over him.

"Did you have to do that? You've ruined my mane" he states.

"Oh poor baby" I say sarcastically as I go lay down in the sun on a flat rock. "You just wait until my father gets here, he'll set you straight" I tell him. As I start to groom my paws and face.

"Whose your father? And does he always fight battles for such a little girl?" the lion asks.

"His name is Selmak and he is the co-king of the Northern Plains pride. And I can fight my own battles thank you" I tell him.

"Wait a sec, where am I?" he asks laying down beside me and I roll my eyes in annoyance. "There's plenty of room for the both of us" he states.

"Your in my Uncle's territory the pride lands" I tell him and go back to grooming my front paws. Then I felt him licking my back and growl loudly. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask him.

"Helping you groom yourself, after all it is my fault you fell into the water" he states. "You know Selmak told me about the pride lands, says it's the best place to raise cubs safely. I was suppose to get here months ago. But I decided to see if I could survive on my own" he explains.

"And you couldn't?" I ask smirking.

"I managed just fine, but I missed being in a pride and thought your Uncle could use some help defending the pride lands" he explains.

"My uncle does fine on his own and besides we're a big pride" I state. "The name's Mia by the way" I tell him. "And you are?" I ask him.

"Kai" he states and starts grooming me again as I relax. I decide to repay the favor and start to groom his mane. "What are you doing?" he asks smirking.

"It's my fault your mane is messed up and your grooming my. So I thought I'd return the favor" I tell him shyly. "You know once we're dry, I can show you to pride rock" I suggest changing the subject and he chuckles.

"Sounds like a plan and it'd be nice to see Selmak again" Kai states smiling. We go back to grooming ourselves and each other. "I think we're as clean and dry as we're going to get" he states after ten minutes.

"True, I'm going to have a drink first" I tell him and go to the lake. As I crouch down to drink I see his reflection beside mine. Except our reflections had joined together and we look at each other shocked. "Your my..." I try to see but couldn't form the words.

"Lets go tell the others" he tells me and I nod my head smiling. So I lead the way to pride rock with him at my side. I told him a about my little sister and cousin, I even told him what had happened to Kopa. I just felt so relaxed with him and like I'd known him for ages.

"Kai is that you?" a voice asks and I turn to see Dad.

"Daddy" I exclaim and run to him rubbing my head under his chin happily. "I found him, I've found my other half" I tell him happily.

"That's amazing sweetheart" mum tells me as she appears. "Why don't you introduce us?" she asks.

"Hi nice to see you again Selmak" Kai says stepping forward bowing his head to my dad. "You must be the beautiful Aurora, he never shout up about" he adds smiling at my mother.

"You were suppose to be here two months ago" dad states.

"I wanted some time on my own as a rogue, but I missed being apart of a pride" Kai tells him.

"Who is this?" Uncle Simba asks as he appears with Zazu.

"This is the lion I was telling you about Simba" Dad states.

"So this is Kai, where have you been the last two months?' Uncle Simba asks.

"Living as a rogue, but I missed being apart of a pride" Kai answers.

"We can trust him Uncle" I tell him standing beside Kai.

"My niece and Selmak vouch for you so you may stay" Uncle Simba states I smile widely. "But you still need to prove yourself to me, for now I reserve judgement. Mia return to the den, your mother will show him to the cave" he adds.

"But..." I try to protest.

"It'll be fine Mia, I lived as a rogue for two months and hardly ever had a cave to sleep in. I'll be fine and it's just until he trusts me. I'd do the same thing in his position" Kai reassures me rubbing against my side. "I'll see you in the morning and you can introduce me to Storm & Kiara" he adds.

"Ok see you in the morning Kai, sleep well" I tell him licking his cheek. Before following Uncle Simba back to the den. Zazu had already left to go to wherever he sleeps at night. I saw Storm already asleep and curled up around her before falling asleep myself.

A/N

Picture above of Kai and picture on the external link giving you an idea of what their reflections in the water looked like together.