Life and Death

Aurora's POV

Aurora's POV

I was down in my old cave as I went into labour and mother was here with Sarafina to help me through it. "It'll be okay, relax" mother tells me licking my head reassuringly. I didn't expect birth to be painful. Zira was in charge of Kovu and Vitani. But she was out hunting with her lionesses so I have to feed them soon. However, mother didn't want me moving after the birth. So she said she'd bring the cubs to me. Zazu had returned before the others woke up and was back in his cage.

"It hurts Mum" I tell her as I an other contraction hits.

"Of course it does, who said birth was painless?" Sarafina tells me.

"No one" I tell her.

"You need to start pushing now Aurora" mum instructs and I do so with the next contraction. About twenty minutes later my daughter was born. I cleaned her up and cut her cord with my teeth. She then crawled to my stomach and started her first feed. "You did an amazing job" mum says rubbing our heads together.

"Anymore pain?" Sarafina asks.

"No just sore, no more contractions" I tell her.

"That means there are probably no more coming, but give it an hour" mum tells me. I nod my head smiling weakly before looking at my new cub. "What will you call her?" she asks.

"Mia, her name is Mia" I state licking her fondly.

"That's perfect" Sarafina states and mum nods her head in agreement.

"Sarabi!" Scar calls from the top of pride rock.

"He sounds angry" Sarafina states.

"Stay here Aurora, Sarafina and I'll be back soon" mum tells me. They both left and I look at my now sleeping cub. I felt like there was something important for me to do. Especially when I heard a fight start outside between the hyenas and the pride.

Suddenly a meerkat run into the cave saying 'let me in' before entering Zazu's cage. I was in the corner as Shenzi, Banzai and Ed entered the cave. "Please don't eat me" the meerkat pleaded.

"Leave him alone and get out" I growl standing up in front of Mia. They look a little apprehensive about fighting me and a warthog appeared. He spoke and Banzai asked 'who's the pig?'

"Are you talking to me?" the wart hog asks.

"You shouldn't have done that" the meerkat states.

"They call me Mister Pig" the warthog states before charging and I join in fighting Shenzi. Eventually we scared them off and I turned to the others demanding what was happening. "Simba has returned to take his rightful place as king and is fighting Scar" the warthog explains.

"Stay with my cub, don't let her out of your sight" I order before leaving in search of my brother. Before running out of the cave in search of my brother to see him near the top of pride rock fighting Scar. I run following the path  I know to the top dodging the others who got in my way.

When I reached them I see Scar jumping to attack Simba. "NO!" I yell lunching myself and catching Scar in his side sending him over the edge. But now I was hanging onto it for my life "Simba help" I cry.

"Aurora, I've got you" he states grabbing the back of my neck and pulling me up. We both look over the edge to see the hyenas killing Scar. "It's over now" Simba sighs.

"You came back" I whisper looking at him.

"I came home" he states rubbing our heads together and I purr happily. "Come on let's go see to others" he says and we head back down as it starts to rain. I was happy the rain had finally returned as we greeted mother, Sarafina and Nala.

"Shouldn't you be with Mia?" Sarafina asks.

"I'll check in on her in a moment, besides she was sleeping last I saw her" I tell her. Simba then heads up to pride rock and looks up to the sky before roaring. We roar back accepting him as king. "I have a cub to look after" I state before heading to the cave.

"Mew mew" Mia called and the other three were trying to calm her.

"She's hungry, the fight is over thank you for watching her" I say laying down nudging her to my stomach. They smiled at me before leaving as Mia started drinking hungrily. Just then mother, Sarafina, Nala and Simba enter the cave.

"So it's true, my little sister had a cub" Simba says smiling.

"What's her name?" Nala asks me.

"Mia" I answer and lick her head gently. "Where are Zira and her pride?" I ask.

"They arrived just as Scar died and the hyenas have left for good" Sarafina explains.

"We offered them a chance to stay here, but they would not accept Simba as King" mother explains gently.

"So I had to banish them to the out lands" Simba explains.

"Good riddance, now Mia can be raised in a safe and peaceful land" I say smiling. "Now are you going to marry already?" I ask Nala and Simba. "I want to be an aunt and I also want us to be official sisters Nala" I tell her.

"We're going to perform the ceremony in a few days and then yes we'll have a cub or two" Nala explains making us all smile.

"Good not lets all return to the den" I say picking up a sleeping Mia leaving the cave as the rain stopped. We all reached the den and Simba took his parents old spot with Nala. Sarafina, Mother and I then formed a circle around Mia underneath them. Before we all fell asleep knowing everything will be okay now.

A/N

Gif above of Scar's death and picture of Mia in chapter. This is not the end, there are still many chapters to come.