Chapter 24: Crumbling Walls

(Ty's Pov)

"We aren't suppose to be out here" I said looking around the quiet castle, the only sound that was made was the sound for your shoes hitting the white marble floor.

"Are you really not that scared of The Clave and The Princes?" I asked again and heard him smirk.

"I'm not sure how to answer that..."

"How are to not sure!?" 

"Shut up!" he whispered/yelled as went walked up the third flight of stairs to get to our rooms. "They will hear you.."

"Who?" I asked as he unlocked the door and pulled me in aggressively.

"They Myriad's you idiot!" he yelled once he shut the door.

"Oh yeah... Alpha Cara is going to be so pissed at us when she finds out we went to The Runestone building without her..." He shrugged putting his dayring on his right, ring finger.

"She will love us being we got her ring..." Hunter said balling his hand into a fist and un-clenched his fist, as if he was trying out his ring for the first time.

I pulled my ring on the left middle finger and looked at it, studying it.

"You didn't know?" Hunter asked pulling me out of my trance.

"What do you mean mate?"

"The black and red ring, that she wears was her mothers. Some barn hand gave it to her as a necklace, she wore it the ceremony for her to become the next Queen."

"I never knew that. How much do you really know about Alpha Cara's past?" I asked

"Not much.. I only know a bit because she caught me reading a book when I first came into the pack. Best Person to go to is probably Alex, her was in the pack when Cara met Shane."

"Really??" I asked surprised, I never knew that. Hunter nodded and suggested that we go get the others up then head to Cara's room.

(Hunter's Pov)

We walked across the hallway to Cara's door.

"We don't have a key.." Alex said still pissed about this morning when I woke him and Shelby up.

"That's where you are wrong, Cara dropped it last night while fighting Matthew-"

"And you haven't thought about giving it back to her?" Mitzi asked

"Of course I did... then I came up with the brilliant plan to get our dayring's back." I said while turning the key in the lock, once I heard a click I looked back to the pack

"Were in.. be quiet."

I pushed the door open, and it creaked it a bit.

"What happened in here?" Tyler asked quietly looking around the room at the clothes that where scatted across the floor.

"Do you think they mated?" Ty asked. Tyler snickered and I laughed a bit and it was obviously to loud because Cara woke up.

"Get out Hunter" she mumbled.

"I have-"

"It can wait, not this early" she said sighing at the end.

"Look. Get up-" In a blink of an eye I was pressed against the wall, Cara hissing barring her fangs, her eyes black as the night.

"Okay! I'm going" I said raising my hands in defense as Cody pulled her back only in his shorts. We all watched Cara-as Cody whispered thing into her ear- in astonishment at what she had just done. I then realized that she was just wearing his shirt, I watched as her eyes went grey indicating that she was tired. They changed backed to their beautiful hazel color when Cody left her sitting on the ground and went to the dresser looking for clothes.