Chapter 30: Truth

(Cara's Pov)

I was awaken from my slumber my cheering, I walked over to the bars and watched as a Myriad stopped in front of me and opened my cell. He motioned for me to follow the other two Myriad's that where waiting. The festival was over yesterday night and everyone should be either leaving or packing, we stopped in front of the Throne room. The door opened and I found my pack standing there smiling, but The Clave and The Princes weren't here.

I remembered yesterday, I was sitting in a chair the pack standing around the room. The Clave had a witch show them my past, how we found hunter, how he was a born hybrid, Hunters problems, Me and Shane. Everything. I wasn't proud of my past and neither was Hunter. Cody was the most casual about it, but I would understand why the whole pack would be a little pissed, I lied to them for years. Hunter found his mate a couple days ago, her name is Emery, she has long blonde hair, fair skinned, and beautiful all together. and there she was beside Hunter, who was holding her hand. I had learned she was a werewolf, she was a grey wolf. I looked over the smiling faces and the Myriads pushed me in the room lightly and shut the door. They didn't seem mad, but a smile can hide emotions.

Cody was the first to approach me, he had a cup of blood with him. I couldn't imagine what he was thinking, I looked rough, dirt stained clothes, tangled hair, and smelled like a wet werewolf. He handed me the glass and I drank it. he leaned down to kiss me but I moved away..

"Cara," He said, "something happened." I turned to Alex and he signed then spoke,

"The festival was cut short last night, someone came in and attacked everyone."

"What are you talking about?"

"The Princes and The Clave are dead." he said looking at the others before Tyler stepped forward.

"It was Marcel," he said, "he wasn't killed in 1008, when he attacked the castle. You where taught that he burned in a fire, but he wasn't he set one of his men on fire and ran before anyone could comprehend what happen to your Mother and Father." my whole world froze, The Council was dead? Marcel was alive?

"What? How many where killed?'

"The total this morning was two hundred Myriad's, three werewolf's, and five vampire's, They Myriad's death toll is still counting." Cody said, "The City's where also taken down by Marcel's army, no survivors at any of the City's, we believe the castles are abandoned."

"Who's in rule then?"

"You, the citizen's found out you are the princess, they want you back" I turned to around where the voice was coming from and found Matthew. He had a cut that ran along his cheek. "Had to fight some off before they could go to the dungeon's, they where coming for you." I ran up to him and hugged him and he hugged me back tightly

"Thank God your okay" he chuckled and pulled back

"So what are you going to do?"

"what do you mean?"

"There are thousands of people outside waiting for you to become Queen." I shook my head

"Cara you have to, your the only one," Hunter said, "You have Cody, he will be your King.."

"You cant just push till up on someone." I said turning to walk out but someone caught my arm I looked back to find Cody.

"The City's need you, I need you" he whispered, "I need you to do this unless you want rulers like The Clave again."

"I want my bedroom from the house, in ours, and I want to remodel." Mitzi squealed, and Stormy and Shelby yelled. " and Seriia gets to do the medic part anything she wants"