Last day

Okay since we don't really know when Marinette's birthday is I'm just making it up. Don't think about it too much alright lol, it's kinda an au anyways.

Marinette looked out the window. The last day of school.

It was actually just a party, really. The seniors already graduated, and Marinette couldn't wait for college. She planned to attend the best art and design school in Paris. But she decided for now, she'd rather think about passing out the cupcakes her mother had helped her prepare the night before.

Marinette was seventeen, and her birthday was coming soon. Her birthday was in summer.
June 21st.
She was the youngest in her class, and the only one without a mark yet.
Alya her best friend, being a month older, had discovered that her element was fire. She had a little fox with a flaming tail on her upper right arm. The marks always seemed to be represented by animals, at least the ones she had seen.
Chloe, the school brat, had air. Probably because she could throw a screaming fit that would literally blow every one away.
She always bragged to Marinette about her mark, ever since her birthday, which was back in November.
Her mark was a stupid little bee, with marks of cartoonish wind around it. It matched her childishness.
Nino, one of her good friends, was water. His mark was a sea turtle. He's had his mark since September.

Adrien. Oh Adrien. Marinette still had a Huge crush on Adrien. His stupid pretty face still made her blush and stutter. But she managed to keep herself under control for the most part.
His mark showed up in October, on the 6th to be exact. Not that she did the research or anything..... Okay she totally did. His was a small black cat, playing in flowers. His element was earth.
Though no one knew their true personalities yet, Marinette felt left out.

Everyone else had their mark. Not her.

Luckily, everyone still acted pretty normal. They'd all changed since freshman year, except Chloe of course, she was still that snobby freshman baby. And she still dressed the exact same. Though Sabrina still stuck by her like an annoying house cat, she had grown too. She wore contacts instead of glasses, but kept her short hair and quirky style.
Same for rose, short hair, cute dresses, but she wore less pink. She gotten taller, out growing this same-sized, small Marinette. Just by half a centimeter!

Juleka wore more colors now, and she grew slightly, but not too much considering she was already tall.
Nathaniel was nearly the same, but his hair wasn't as in-his-face. He had grown about an inch.
Kim was still super competitive and tall, but his hair and eyes were nicer and more laid back.
Meline was as tall as Marinette now. And she still had her style too, but her hair was shorter, still in dreads.
Ivan didn't get taller, but he got a little skinner, and a lot more buff. He had started going to the gym, but other wise he was the same. Same t-shirts and shorts everyday.
Alix had the same hair and style, but with a little girlier touch, and a couple inches of growth.
Max also wore contacts now, and had dated Sabrina. He got taller and started wearing flannels and jeans.
Of course, not blue jeans, and not flannels, it was more like, pants that were almost dress pants and shirts that were almost flannel.

And her best friends?
Alya kept her glasses, and her hair style. But she got taller (ugh like everyone but Marinette apparently) and she wore t-shirt dresses a lot more.
Nino was now a dj, and he was taller(oh could you guess?)
And more muscular. He was simply dressed though. He wore a t shirt and jeans.
Adrien, he got taller too, nearly 6ft. 5ft 11in to be exact. He probably wasn't even done getting taller, towering over 5ft something Marinette. His hair was shorter than freshman year, in a swooped kinda style, really hard to explain. But it made her fall for him even more.
Marinette now had longer hair, not cutting it and letting her bangs grow out. She still kept it in pigtails though, no one had really ever seen her hair down. Not even Alya.
But now her pigtails were braided.
She didn't know, but Adrien had actually developed a small crush on her throughout the years.
She now wore high-waisted jeans, crop tops and converse, which she might or might not have started wearing because of Adrien. But she usually was hidden under a over-sized hoodie.
She had the perfect body. Flat stomach, perfect tone, despite eating sweets at the bakery everyday. And everyone simply loved her attitude. She was so kind and thoughtful. She was so beautiful, taking everyone's breath away. And Adrien began falling for her.....Hard.

But everyone knew about her crush on Adrien, except Chloe and Sabrina, who assumed she was over it by now. So whenever a guy would ask her out, she would let them down so easily and kindly, they couldn't even be disappointed.
So yeah. Everyone loved Marinette.
Everyone but Marinette.
Even Chloe adored her beauty.
Everyone had dated at least once in the years. But not Marinette nor Adrien.
Alya was still with Nino
Juleka had dated Nathaniel for a while, but then the two of them realized that they would never work out.
Rose eventually got Juleka.
Kim got a alix still, though they never 'dated', it was always just a lot of competition.
Chloe had some barista downtown, even though she still tried to get Adrien.
Meline had Ivan.
Sabrina had max for a good two weeks.
Marinette desperately wanted Adrien.
And Adrien was confused about his feelings.