Comfort

"Mari?!?! Omg what's wrong girl?!!?" Alya yelled in concern through the phone.

"Everything." Marinette spoke through heavy sobs.

She couldn't explain to Alya what was going on, but she just needed comfort.

"Do I need to come over?" Alya asked, her voiced worried and crackly.

"No... I just wanna talk." she sniffled, her eyes glossed over with salty water.

Why was she so freaking emotional?

"Ok but tell me what's wrong." Alya sighed, patiently waiting.

Marinette gulped, swallowing amounts of sorrow. She wanted to tell someone everything, but who could she? Maybe she should tell Alya she is Ladybug, that she is the most famous singer in Paris.

She inhaled, holding her breath for a moment, before releasing it.

"Actually, can you come over?" Marinette wimpered.

"Of course." Alya responded.

Meanwhile

Adrien stared blankly at the alley wall.

What just happened?

He wanted to help Marinette, but he needed to find Ladybug. He needed to apologise for hurting her.

He figured she had already gone home by now. He pulled out his phone, letting out a sigh, and texted her.

Chat- Can we talk m'lady?

He waited for a response, and soon got one,

Ladybug- not right now Chat. Not right now.

He ran a hand through his messy hair, wanting to go back in time and stopping himself from saying things he didn't mean.

There was nothing he could do at the moment, so he headed towards his lonesome home.

Marinette's

Alya arrived in no time, two pints of cookies and cream ice cream in hand.

Marinette gave her a sad smile, eyes red and puffy. She took the ice cream and dug into it with a spoon Alya handed her.

Alya took the other pint and opened it up, but hadn't started eating it yet.

"So...what's wrong Mari?" Alya asked, joining Marinette on her bed. They sat crisscrossed beside each other.

"I have a secret Alya." Marinette sighed.

She couldn't tell her everything. It would be wrong to give out Chat's identity without his permission. But she was gonna give out hers. It was getting hard to deal with, and someone needed to know her secret. And if someone was gonna know, it was definitely gonna be Alya.

"A secret?" Alya questioned, eyebrows arched. She took a bite of her ice cream.

"Ummm....yeah....one that no one knows. It's very important to me that you keep this secret Al's." Marinette turned to face her best friend.

"Ok. I promise." Alya quickly replied, eager to help her friend out.

"Can you turn on a song? I'm gonna sing...." Marinette smiled.

No one had ever heard Marinette sing. Alya has always wanted to, and now she could.

"Really?!?!" Alya asked, she wasn't sure how this related to her secret, but she was too excited to care.

Marinette nodded.

Alya frantically scrolled and tapped her phone, searching for a song good enough for Marinette to sing to her for the first time.

Alya didn't expect Marinette to be a good singer, in all honesty. She always assumed Marinette didn't have a good voice, that's why she never sang. But either way, she was really excited to hear her sing.

Alya pressed play in a song by Alex and Sierra, called "Broken Frame."

Luckily, Marinette knew the song.

Alya anticipated to hear a pretty sucky voice, even though it sounds cruel. But that's the exact opposite of what she heard.

You and me, sitting here, spinning gears. We're like a stolen car.

Alya stared at her friend, shocked.
The words sounded so graceful, flowing freely like a fountain.

Hand in mine, feeling like, this is right, but it's just....not ours.

Marinette's eyes blurred as she thought about Adrien a bit.

The greastest pretenders, forget to remember, the lies.....

We're falling forever, but far from together...tonight

Marinette stopped singing.

Alya looked at her, eyes wide.

"You sound....just like..."

"Ladybug." she finished the bespectacled girl's sentence.

"Oh my God.....Mari....are you?" Alya jumped up, hands covering her mouth.

Marinette got up, and pulled her mask out of her drawer, holding it up to her face.

"Yeah.....Im Ladybug."

It felt so good to let those words roll off of her tongue.

She really needed to tell someone.

Alya grinned widely, pulling Marinette into a rib-breaking hug.

"My best friend is Ladybug!!!" Alya yelled.

Marinette quickly covered her mouth, laughing.

"Don't tell anyone silly." she chuckled, removing her hand.

"Oh yeah. Ok." Alya giggled.

The two jumped back onto the bed.

"Then what was upsetting you?" Alya asked, her previous worry returning.

"Well....I got in a fight with Chat....and I found out who he was." Marinette looked down, playing with her fingers.

"who is he?" Alya's eyes lit up.

"I can't tell you." Marinette whispered.

Alya nodded, accepting defeat.

"Well what did you fight about?" Alya asked.

There it was. The dreaded question. The one she honestly didn't know how to answer.

She held her breath, before finally speaking. Her best friend could see the pain in her eyes.

"He....he was mad because he said I didn't trust him....I was upset about my mark, and I didn't wanna talk about it. But he mistaked it for not trusting him...." Marinette sighed, before continuing on.

"He said I pretend to care, for show. And i.....I didn't know how to respond...so he said 'that's what I thought'." She sniffled, remembering the dreaded moment.

Alya reached out and pulled her friend into a hug.

"And then I yelled at him. I snapped Alya. I told him he was the problem....."

Marinette let lose once more, her eyes pouring over.

"I'm the problem." She choked out between sobs.

"What?!?!" Alya pushed her away, to hold her by her shoulders. She shook her, getting her to look up at her.

"YOU. You are Ladybug. You are the frickin most amazing person I have ever met. He says all those terrible things.....untrue things.....And you're the problem??!?!" Alya's eyes were big, the size of a dinner plate.

"Bu-...I..." Marinette hicupped,

"Shhh I won't let you talk about yourself like that." Alya pulled her friend back into a hug.

"Thanks Alya." Marinette gave her a saddened smile.

Alya was so motherly towards Marinette and she could never had wished for a better best friend.

What would I do without you Alya?