It's Okay to Cry

Marinette's eyes blurred, tears spilling over the edge.

She ran through the city, towards the bakery. She couldn't be seen right know, not like this. She needed to be home.

Her legs carried her as far and as fast as they could.

Her mind raced almost as fast as her feet.

How am I gonna face Adrien at school?
How am I gonna sing with Chat?
How can I look at them the same?

Marinette found herself in front of the bakery quicker than she thought.

She opened the front door, and walked past some customers. They were leaving, as it was getting late.

Her parents were in the kitchen, probably cleaning up for the day.

Marinette wiped her eyes and made her way to her stairs.

She climbed up the ladder- like steps, nearly tripping twice.

The two guys.....the ones she loved....loved someone she wasn't.

Ladybug was just a cover, a cover to hide what Marinette didn't want people to see.

A strong girl, to hide the weak one inside.

Courage, to hide the coward underneath.

Bravery, to hide the fear she had been bottling inside.

Joyfulness, to hide the sadness she couldn't hold for much longer.

In this world, having a mark, was normal. Just as normal as walking around in two feet.

But when you dont....people don't look at you the same. Like...you don't belong.

People tell you "Be different! Stand out!" but when you do...they judge and bully you. So what are we suppose to do?

We don't have to pay attention to them....Marinette knew that. But it didn't change the fact that the words get stuck in your brain.

It doesn't go in one ear and out the other, like a math formula. No matter how much you deny it, you can't escape the words.

The only thing you can do....is hope someone will be there to fill your head with positive and uplifting words.

The hate....will always be in the back of your mind....but the joy, will back it into a corner, and it won't let it take over.

But who was gonna save her now?

This wasn't a fairytale. It wasn't all gonna just work out.

The two guys she loved.....didn't love her. She loved Chat's flirty remarks, wonderful singing voice, silly jokes. And she loved Adrien's gentleman like ways, his charm, his kindness.

Ladybug, the most famous singer in Paris, a brave girl who stood up for others, a girl who didn't fear others opinions.

But Marinette.....clumsy, shy, doormat, she was nothing. She didn't even have a mark.

What was a mark anyways? It was just a stupid symbol on your arm....nothing else. So why did people care so much when you dont have one?

There had only been one other person, ever recorded, that had no mark. Hawkmoth.

No one knew who he really was, or where he was. He was seen in the streets without a mark once, and the word got around quick. No one knew
What to call him, so Hawkmoth kinda just became the name. They made fun of him, and said things that no one wants to here. Soon after people discovered his missing mark, he mysteriously disappeared.

Marinette thought it was just a stupid story, but no, she knew what it was like. Luckily, not everyone knew....yet.

But soon the word would get around, and soon Adrien would know too. And She would have to hide behind Ladybug....

Who was Marientte anyways? No one important.

A girl in a big world, a girl who would never stand out, in a good way at least.

She would be the next chapter in the book of nobodies. The book left on the shelf to rot and have only one purpose, collecting dust.

Maybe Ladybug could do something, make the world better, but as for Marinette.....that wasn't gonna happen.

Marinette hugged her knees to her chest, her feelings and emotions pounding against her skull. Swirling around like a hurricane of thoughts in her brain.

Every hurricane has rain.

And every heart needs to cry.

So that's what she did.

She sobbed into her knees. Tears like a waterfall from her eyes. The salty water dripped down her legs, small drops on her floor.

Her skin wet, covered in the feelings She had bottled up inside.

It was like when you put mentos in diet coke, And the whole thing explodes. And you can't just screw the lid back on, cause once it starts, all you can do is wait for it to stop.

Summer was suppose to be a break. But it seemed to be giving her more trouble.

It wasn't good for her to be alone with her feelings. Being in a cage of hungry lions seemed better at the moment.

She wanted to hope, hope for a better day, for a good day. But it didn't work. She couldn't hope..., She had no hope.

All she had was herself at the moment.

She needed someone to make her feel better.

She got out her phone and dialed a number she knew by heart.

It rung a bit.

"Alya?"

YEAH YEAH I KNOW, THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT SHORT. BUT IM WRITING THE LAST BIT OF MY OTHER MIRACULOUS STORY SO I CAN FOCUS ON THIS ON AND MY OTHER ONE THATS CURRENTLY ON HOLD.

ANYWAYS....IM GLAD SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED TO READ....LIKE WHAAAAAA?

WELP, I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY❤❤❤❤