Handwriting

After Alya left, Marinette felt alot better. She still wasn't ready to talk to Chat yet though. She knew he wanted to apologize, but at the moment, she just couldn't look at him.

She knew he was hurt too, so maybe it was better that way. All he wanted was to see her smile, but at the moment, she couldn't give that to him.

So she went to bed. That way, she couldn't worry about the rest of the day.

Meanwhile

Adrien ran a hand through his slick blonde hair.

How was he ever gonna make it up to her?

He also had other things to think about.

Why was Marinette crying?
What upset her?
Why had she seemed so tense around him?
Was Ladybug okay?
Was Marinette okay?
Could she be trusted with his identity?

She seemed hestitant when promising to keep his secret. Though it hadn't been important when he first started being Chat Noir, it was now. He didn't realize the consequences earlier.

What was she planning to do? Would she really keep his secret?

Oh come on Adrien, she's not like that.

He silenced his thoughts and made his way to his bathroom.

Maybe a shower would wash away his many emotions.

His mark began to glow again.

Why did it do that? It did that around Marinette and Ladybug, why was it doing it now? Was it attracted to blue hair or something? Was it because he was thinking about them?

He stared at it for a moment, just watching it glow in the dimly lit room.

It was almost as if it were trying to tell him something.

Then something even weirder happened. It was like someone was writing on his skin with a pen. But there was no one, and there was no pen. Just a line twisting across his skin, like it was embedded into it. It looked like something from Harry Potter.

He stared in shock, ultimately afraid to move. He blinked a couple times, not believing his own eyes.

But no. He was right. Right there, underneath his glowing mark, in beautiful red swirling letters, were the words

Don't let me go.

In Marinette's handwriting?

The Next Morning

The good thing about summer, is that you don't have to go to school. That's what everyone is so happy about, right?

The flaw of summer, is that it's harder to occupy yourself. Marinette was having a very hard time at the moment.

It was 9:00 a.m

Not to early for a walk, right?

She threw on a big t shirt and a pair of leggings. She laced up her converse and made her way out the door.

With her phone in her hand, and her earphones in her ears, she walked to the park.

Her feet barely made a noise. Music drowned out all of the sounds of the city. The rushing cars, children begging for another bag of goldfish. People yelling into cellphones, bumping into others.

If people would just slow down.....and look around, maybe they would notice more.

Her eyes scanned around the streets, so many people, and all of them were different.