Connection

After what seemed like a little while, Adrien slowly pulled himself away from Marinette, whose eyes were puffy and red.

She sniffled, before her eyes widened, and her lips moved.

"Look..." She whispered breathlessly, pointing to Adrien's glowing arm.

He slowly pulled up his sleeve, revealing the mark on his arm, glowing green.

"Why..?" Marinette stared at the light, reaching her hand out.

The closer her fingers got, the brighter the light shone.

Adrien slowly pulled his sleeve up a bit more, revealing the writing on his arm.

Marinette's eyes grazed the skin, before she let out a quiet gasp.

"Oh my god...that's my handwriting....." she mumbled.

Adrien stared at her, waiting for her reaction.

He didn't expect what he got.

"Oh my God Adrien! Did you get a tattoo of that?!?" she looked straight into his eyes, staring at him like He was crazy.

Adrien couldn't help but let out a laugh, deep in his throat, but not quite a complete chuckle.

"No... It just showed up...." He sighed.

He wasn't sure exactly what to tell her, considering he didn't know what it was himself.

"Oh...is that why you asked for that paper?" Marinette asked, training her gaze back on the glowing light, mezmerised.

"Yeah...." Adrien's voice trailed off, as the thought of possible reasons to why this strange thing was happening.

This wasn't normal.

Heck, he doubted anyone had ever had this happen before.

He looked down, watching Marinette study his arm.

But something caught his eye.

Under Marinette's sleeve, he saw a faint, but definite glowing pink light.

He quickly grabbed Marinette's wrist, catching her off guard.

She would've protested, but she saw it too.

Adrien slowly pulled her sleeve upwards, away from him, towards her.

Right there, on her arm, was a small red ladybug, illuminated by a pale pink light.

Marinette gasped, her face shocked.

Adrien was too.

Suddenly, a bright smile spread across Marinette's face, her eyes tracing up to Adrien's.

Adrien looked at her too, confused.

"It happened!!! I have a mark Adrien!!! I can wear short sleeves! And tanktops!!! And I...I." Marinette's voice slowly fell, as she realized what this could mean.

She slowly pulled her sleeve up a little more, and there, were the words

Don't let me go.

"Well maybe not..." Adrien whispered.

"Is.....is that...." Marinette stuttered.

"That's my handwriting...." Adrien sighed, not in shock, but he sounded as if he were confirming himself.

They say to expect the unexpected.

Is this what they meant?

"Marinette...I dont know what this is....but I think...." Adrien ran a hand through his hair, his voice trailing off.