Trust

This is a dream.

Of course.

He'd wake up in his room, finding that he had just fallen asleep.

Chat blinked, his eyes closing, then opening again.

No.

This was not a dream.

Though this was his dream.

Right in front of him, was Marinette.
Right in front of him, was Ladybug.

And, right in front of him, were both of them.

The same person.

Everything...Everything that had happened, came flooding back to him.

When he met Ladybug, that beautiful voice he fell in love with....was Marinette's.

All those times he preformed with Ladybug, that was Marinette.

Baking cupcakes with Marinette, he baked cupcakes with Ladybug.

Seeing Marinette in her lazy clothes, he was seeing Ladybug.

Kissing Marinette....he...was kissing Ladybug.

Ladybug, ended up being the bakers daughter, the wonderful designer, one of his best friends since the beginning of high school.

Marinette, was none other than the amazing singer, with a talent of joking around with him, even though she pretended to hate his puns.

The two...

Were one.

Marinette swallowed, her smiled slowly fading into a worried frown.

"Chat....Adrien....say something...." she pleaded, her voice barely above a whisper. She lowered the mask back into her lap, twirling the ribbon that held it in her face between her fingers.

He tried to speak, he really did. But he couldn't. All he could think about....was how he hurt them.

He hurt Ladybug, telling her lies that even he himself didn't believe.

He hurt Marinette, by speaking without thinking, something that happened too often around them.

He thought he had hurt two people, which was bad enough....But no. He had hurt the same poor girl, more than once.

"I-" She stuttered.

"I'm sorry I disappointed you....this was a bad idea." she mumbled, a pain stitched into her voice like a woven blanket.

She stood up, about to run off, before Chat caught her hand.

But he couldn't find his voice.

So he yanked her down, gentley, but enough to bring her face to his.

And he kissed her.

Again.

But this had a different urgency, not an urgency that he needed her because he was lonely. And not because he just wanted a kiss.

He did it because he had to make her stay.
He couldn't let her leave again. Not ever again.

"No..." he whispered, taking a gasp for air, before pressing his lips to hers again, with more urgency than before.

She moved her lips on instinct, as he brought his hands to her waist. He pulled her down, where she was sitting beside him. Both of their bodies were turned to face one another, lips locked.

He moved his hand to her cheek, softly pushing her hair behind her ears. Though it was technically up, it still hung in her face.

No thoughts were to cloud their minds at the moment. Though there were plenty of thoughts to go around, they seemed to be pushed back to the depths of their skulls. And even though Marinette was having her doubts, her lips moved.