Lies

Chat stood in shock.

How had she figured him out? Why did she know what his mark was?

Yeah, they were in the same class, but why did she recognize it so easily?

"When....when did you find out?" Chat's voice shook.

If he wasn't Adrien Agreste, popular teen model and son of Gabriel Agreste, this would be perfectly fine.

He knows Marinette, but could she keep his secret?

Marinette on the other hand didn't know what to say. She couldn't say She found out earlier, or he might know she's Ladybug. He might feel bad for hurting Ladybug, but what about hurting Marinette? He hasn't even apologised for not coming to her party, he hasn't even brought up her birthday at all. He had to of known he missed her birthday by now. He didn't ask about her mark, he only asks Ladybug things.

It wasn't fair. So why should she tell him the truth?

"I....just found out, I saw your mark and I knew it was you...." she lied.

How come Chat got to be Adrien Agreste? How come both sides of him are adored? Ladybug, she's adored, but Marinette, she's the bakers daughter. She's the girl without the mark, she's the mistake.

"Marinette....you can't tell anyone about this." Chat took of his mask, revealing Adrien's face. He straightened out his hair a bit.

Now that she saw it, the two looked nearly identical. But it didn't matter anyways, either way.....Ladybug was the only one they liked. Nothing that they had said before could be true. A mask can change you, she saw it happen.

"Why not?" Marinette blurted out. Why did she say that? She knew why he wanted her to keep his secret. But........

"Well if my dad finds out that I'm Chat, I may never see day light again. Imagine how much drama that would start, especially like on the news and stuff." Adrien chuckled, Marinette is such a nice girl, she would understand.

"Fine. I'll keep your secret. But....." Marinette looked around, feeling slightly uncomfortable near Adrien. She was so confused about her feelings, whether she liked it or not, she was in love with both sides of the dumb cat. She didn't know what to do.

"But.....but what?" Adrien waited patiently for her answer, but one didn't come.

"Nevermind. I'll keep your secret.....I promise." Marinette sighed.

She couldn't blackmail him......it's just wrong. She wouldn't want him to do that to her. She turned her head to the side, looking out of the alleyway, making sure no one was seeing Adrien. She didn't know what to feel at the moment, all she knew for now, was that Adrien shouldn't be seen in an alleyway.

"You should put the mask back on." Marinette glanced out of the alleyway once more.

"Do you not....like....Adrien?" His voice sounded slightly hurt, as if, he honestly cared what she thought.

What kind of question is that?!?! How was she supposed to answer that exactly?!?!

"What?" her face heated slightly, but her brow moved up in confusion.

"You like Chat more?......you don't like Adrien as your friend?" He gestured to himself, being Adrien.

Oh...a friend....of course it's like that. You should have known Marinette. You knew that would happen. You get friendzoned.

"That's not what I meant....of course you're my friend!" Marinette smiled, though she was hurt and confused.

"Then why should I put the mask on?" Adrien's tone was a little less worried.

"I don't think Adrien in an alleyway with a girl would be a good magazine cover, they might think something bad of it. I think Chat would be more of an exception....." She sighed and stared down at her shoes, her heart beating out of her chest.

Why does it hurt so much......

Marinette knew he liked her, as Ladybug. But the truth was, Ladybug wasn't who she really was, and she couldn't change that. She loved both Chat and Adrien, but did either of them love her? How could they?

Its so easy to love Adrien, who wouldn't? And she couldn't stop herself from loving Chat, whether she wanted to or not.

Her feelings weren't working together, they were like fire and water.

"You're right....." Adrien put his mask back on, and ruffled his hair.

Marinette couldn't stand here anymore, she needed to think, to cry, to throw something across her room.

She needed to leave before she broke.

He looked as if he was about to speak, some sound leaving his mouth, but Marinette quickly cut him off.

"Look Adrien, I've gotta go, i-i........I'll talk to you later....." She stood up straighter, showing she was going to leave.

"I'll walk you home." He offered his hand for her to take.

She gentley pushed his hand back to him, pushing some hair behind her ear.

"That's okay you should go home....." she walked past him, turning her head at the end on the alleyway.

She looked into his eyes and smiled...... Like she was happy......she was far from it.

"You wouldn't want to keep your dad waiting....." she waved and walked away, leaving Chat a mix of emotions aswell.

Later

That night was cold, too cold. There bodies ached, Chats with guilt, Ladybugs with saddness.

She refused to cry, she wasn't going to break now, she wanted to, but she refused. She had to be strong. She didn't want Chat to be Adrien. If someone would have told her Adrien was Chat from the beginning, she wouldn't have been in this mess. Why did she have to hide behind her stupid mask. Why couldn't she just say who she was?

Chat thought of different ways to apologise to his lady. He couldn't believe he made her cry. He didn't mean anything like that. He never though poorly of her. She was amazing. Beautiful, talented, smart.......but another girl came into his mind.

Marinette?

Why was he thinking of her? She was pretty amazing too.......but......he didn't really know her. He didn't know Ladybug too well either......maybe that's what he should do. Get to know her.

That's what he needed to do, get closer to her.

Marinette's heart and mind raced.

She needed time away from that black cat. She needed to get far away.