Cupcakes

Marinette passed out red velvet cupcakes to the class. Even Chloe despite her being the literal worst person in the world.

"Sorry Mari, but I'd rather not eat anything your family baked." Chloe flipped her hair as if it was an insult.

"Is that supposed to effect me?" Marinette just stared at her with fake confusion.

"It will later on, when you go home and cry about it. Just like when you realize your chances with anyone are zero, Mrs.no-mark." She tossed her hair to the side, devilishly grinning.

"And my dad only buys pastries from the best bakery in Paris. They have the most beautiful label. Unlike yours." she tried to add salt to a wound that was never there.

"Umm, Chloe, my bakery was the place you get your sweets from." She closed the box of cupcakes and showed her the label.

"Oh Adrikins she's trying to kill me!!!" the brat turned, dramatically swooshing her head back and placing the back of her hand on her forehead.

"Chloe. Marinette is not like that." Adrien smiled at the blushing blue headed girl holding the box of iced perfection. Well, next to her of course.
Wait what? What am I thinking?
Adrien was so confused.

Ever since Marinette started to talk to him more, he began to like her.
But he still liked Ladybug. And she seemed to start to enjoy his flirting.
Maybe I'll talk to her later.
Marinette finished handing out cupcakes and sat down. Chloe huffed and turned away.

"Hey, wanna help babysit my siblings later today?" Alya smiled at Marinette, basically begging her to help out.
"I would, but mom and dad have to go away for a banquet and won't be back til a week from now. And Mrs.Jones down the road is having a end of school party that they're counting on me to bake cupcakes for. And I really need to get started." Marinette nearly lost her breath explaining, not really pausing through her sentences.
"How many do you have to make?" Alya looked concerned now.
"300. And I don't have the pans that hold 48 cupcakes. My aunt borrowed them and never gave them back."
She sighed and stuck her chin in her hands.
"Oh Gurl. I wish I could help."
She gave her a smile.
"Yeah. I should go now. See ya Alya!" she walked out.
Adrien was confused to why she had left so soon, with at least 20 minutes of party time left. He hadn't heard the conversation she had just had.
But he just shrugged and licked the icing off his finger.

~Later that Day~
Adrien pov

I sat on the edge of the effiel tower, guitar in hand. waiting for Ladybug. She never misses a song. Ever.

She's probably just busy.

I sighed and went into an alleyway take off my mask and "Chat Noir" outfit. Walking out to find myself in front of the Dupain-Cheng Bakery.

I could use a snack.
I push open the door and sit down quietly, watching Marinette, covered in baking ingredients, pacing back and forth.

3rd person pov
It reminded him of when he first met Ladybug.
Ladybug was a singer, and the best at that.
They met at a masquerade karaoke. He played the guitar, something that came naturally to him. Being a nature element, he was a natural at playing from his heart. Most nature's were like that. He guessed Ladybug was a nature too, but she wouldn't tell him.
He wouldn't be suprised if her mark was a Ladybug.
Anyways. She was at the karaoke, and he heard her singing alone, sitting in a booth, sipping on a glass of lemonade. He told her she should sing.
She finally agreed, but freaked out right before it was time to sing, pacing just like Marinette. But he gave her confidence, and they preformed together.
But she didn't want him to know who she really was, or anyone else.
So they both agreed to become the masked duo, and they became famous, overnight.
They usually met up every friday, at 3:30. But Ladybug wasn't there. In her dotted mask, red converse and her cute red dresses. He usually wore a cat mask, cat ears, black jeans, and a green shirt of some sort.

He draw his attention back to Marinette, who was now grabbing and shuffling pans of cupcakes into the oven. She saw him.

"Adrien?!?" she quickly brushed her hair out of her face, but ended up getting more batter on her forehead.

"Marinette what are you doing, aren't your parents here?" he stood up, grabbing a cloth and rubbing the grime of her face.
Her face was blood red, and she looked down at her feet, shuffling them slightly.
"Actually, I have to bake 300 cupcakes while they're at a banquet." she looked up at Adrien's shocked expression.
"No it's okay, really, did you need something?" Marinette smiled and set down a batter-covered spoon on the counter.
"Mari, can I help you?"
"Adrien you really don't have to."
"I want to."
She looked at him, blushing madly.
He smiled.
"Okay." she sighed and motioned him to come into the kitchen.
"But here, don't want you to ruin your clothes." she handed him and apron, a plain white one, looking fairly new.

He tied it on and they got to work.

But baking cupcakes, got messy.