Chapter 2

After a long 3 hour drive to the Hood's house, all I wanted to do was sleep. Calum and I had talked a bit more, when we stopped at a small rode-side café for lunch. I found out that his favourite band was Blink-182 and that he loved pizza. He asked me a lot of questions about the orphanage but was careful not to mention my parents, which I was grateful for. I also spoke a bit with Joy and David, Calum's (and now my) parents.

When the car finally reached its destination, I looked out the window to see a small but comfortable-looking house. I stepped out of the car and stared up at the house. 'So this is where I'm going to be living.' I thought to my self. Calum nudged my shoulder, encouraging me to go inside the house.

The house had two stories. On the bottom floor, there was a large living room, kitchen/dining room and a bathroom.

"Your room is upstairs, next to Calum's." Mr. Hood, David, said to me, smiling.

"Thank you," I said, smiling back.

I followed Calum up the stairs. "This is my room," he said, pointing to the first door on the right. He then pointed to the door opposite. "Mum and Dad's." He walked further down the hall. "And this," he said, opening the door next to his, "is your room."

I stepped inside the room after Calum. It was nothing special, just a simple, white room, with a large window on one wall. There was a bed, a walk-in wardrobe and a small desk in the room.

It was definitely a lot nicer than my tiny room at the orphanage, but it was missing something. My posters. I huffed realizing all my things were still at the orphanage, and I'd only packed enough clothes to last a day.

I went back down the stairs to ask Joy and David when my stuff would be arriving. I don't think I would be able to last long without my iPod, which I had stupidly packed away with my posters. At least I had my phone which would provide little entertainment, and the shitty Tumblr app.

I went into the living room where Joy and David were sat reading. I coughed, grabbing their attention.

"Um.. hi. I was just wondering when my things will be moved her? I only brought clothes for tomorrow."

"Hm... I'm not sure dear. But you can borrow some of Mali's old clothes for the time being!" Joy stated enthusiastically.

"Mali?" I ask forrowing my eyebrows. Who the hell is Mali?

"My sister," Calum walked into the room from behind me and plopped down on the couch. "She moved out last year to work on her music." He continued, then pulling out his phone and slipping further down on the couch.

"Oh," was all I said.

"I'll go get you some clothes, love." Joy said, getting up from the couch.

"Thank you," I replied , following her up the stairs.

Joy walked into the room across from mine. "This is the spare room, we use it for storage and when Calum's friends come to stay," she explained.

I just nodded.

Joy opened the wardrobe in the corner of the room and pulled out a few shirts and a couple of pairs of jeans. "You can wear these for now, just come get more if you need them."

I took the clothes from her and smiled in thanks.

"We'll be having dinner in half an hour okay?"

"Okay, sounds good."

The Hood's had a small six seater table in their dining room. I sat next to Calum, with Joy across from me and David next to her.

The beginning of dinner was a bit awkward. I didn't know what to say and I don't think anyone else did either. Also, Calum's phone wouldn't stop beeping and I kept seeing the name Luke pop up on the screen.