Chapter 5

The boys set up their instruments. Ashton on drums, Calum on bass and both Michael and Luke on guitar. I sat down in a chair next to Reid, who was smiling up at Michael.

When the boys started playing, I was mesmerized by how effortlessly they played their instruments and the amount of effort into it.

Calum started of the song, and apart from when I heard him singing in the bathroom, this was the first time I had properly heard him sing. And I must say, I was pleasantly surprised.

"Hey there it's good to see you again,

It never felt right calling this 'just friends'.

I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself."

I looked over at Reid, who was clapping madly and cheering quite loudly for Calum. It got me wondering.

 Who was this girl? How did she know my brother? We're they dating or was she dating Michael? I was very confused but decided not to pry, because  I didn't want to start an argument with someone who, not only seemed like a nice person, but was obviously very important to the band.

Then, Luke started singing. I can't really explain all the emotions that began running through my mind as the first word left his mouth.

"Take off your shirt, your shoes,

those skinny jeans I bought for you.

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose."

I watched Luke as he sang. He seemed like a totally different person. At the café, he didn't seem like the kind of guy to really give a shit about anything, but you could tell, just by looking at the way he got lost in the lyrics, the way he and his band mates played with such emotion and feeling, that music was one thing he really, truly cared about.

I snapped out of my trance, to see Luke smirking at me. He had noticed me watching him. But even though he made fun of me for staring at him, his eyes didn't leave mine for the rest of the song.

"I'm gonna break down these walls, (down these walls) I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love (so in love), with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down.

I used to wear you like a ball and chain,

I'd run and hide at the call of my name.

It was obvious you were too much for me.

Oblivious, I was young and horny.

In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again.

Stop talking shit to every one of your friends

I'm not the same boy you knew back then...

'Cause I can break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break

I can't breathe, my body's shaking.

You've got a way with the way you take me,