Chapter 13

I had no sinister premonitions about the day ahead. It seemed just another Monday. Yes, a special Monday, but after all, it's just Monday. Innocent but for it's essential Mondayness I'm pretty sure I kissed Luke Hemmings yesterday. Not to mention it's bone chillingly cold and Luke's oversized Blink-182 sweater wasn't doing much to keep me warm on my early morning walk. It was dark. I knew the sun wouldn't ruse till eight, but in a way the cold air and foggy sky was pleasing. The early hour conspired to paint Sydney ghostly, like a pale photograph all foggy and hazed.

The feather of steam rising from my coffees I had just bought for the boys was making me especially thirsty, and I literally had to scream at myself to not drink every single cup of it. I just walked, alone and adrift in mundane thoughts. Luke, music, bands, the usual thoughts that crossed my mind at 6:30am on a Monday morning. The occasional cheek chew of bitterness with a pang of nervousness intruded, you know, as pangs of nerves do. Nervous about what you ask? Everything really. Luke and Calum mostly. But I pushed them aside, resolute, ready to be done with all that fuss.

But at this very moment, it wasn't a pang of bitterness that hit me. It was a human.

"What the fuck watch where you're going asshole!" I screamed looking down at Luke's now coffee stained Blink-182 sweater. Fuck.

"I'm so sorry oh my gosh." I raise my head at the familiar voice.

"Louis?" I furrow my eyebrows at the boy I had met only last night.

"Hi! Jasey right?" He asks enthusiastically with a grin plastered on his pale face.

"Um, yeah hi." I send him a crooked smile, not really wanting to talk to him. He wasn't really much of a decent person last night and I doubt he is now.

"Look, I should go." I quickly say, spinning on my heal and walking back towards the hotel.

"No wait! Please! At least let me buy you your coffees!" Louis runs up behind me placing his cold hand on my shoulder.

"No, it's fine. I need to get back."

"Well, here's my number. If you want to talk." He says handing me a piece of paper.

"Thanks." I grab the paper and quickly trudge back to the hotel every once and a while making sure Louis isn't still behind me. Ugh, douche bag.

When I reach the hotel, everyone else is still asleep. I sit down on my bed and decide to put Louis' number in my phone, just for emergencies.

As I'm scrolling through Tumblr, I get a text from Luke.

Luke: 'You awake yet? x'

I reply with a simple yes and wonder why he couldn't just come over and see if I was awake. My phone vibrates with another text.

Luke: 'We have a free day today so I'm taking you out. Meet you in the lobby in 10 :D x'

I quickly change into a Ramones top,denim skirt, knee socks and docs. I grab my phone and wallet off the desk and head to the door. Just as I'm about to leave I hear Reid call my name sleepily.

"Jasey? Where are you going? It's too early to move."

"I'm meeting Luke," I say, trying to escape the questions.

Reid smiles. "I see," She laughs. "Remember, don't get pregnant on a week night!" I roll my eyes, laughing and walk out of the room.
I jump in the elevator quickly tying the laces on my docs which I had forgotten to do, and pulling my knee socks up slightly.
The doors open and I poke my head around the corner slightly, in search for a purple haired boy. I walked up behind the tall boy and reach up to tap lightly on hi shoulder.
"Hey" I say quietly as Luke spins around to face me with a big grin on his face. He doesn't say anything so I take this opportunity to stand on my tippy toes and quickly peck him on the cheek.
"Are we gonna go?" I giggle as he stands there red faced and shocked.
"Huh? Oh yeah come on." He grabs my hand and pulls me outside into the crisp air.
"Where to Hemmings?" I grip tighter onto his hand as he pulls me with him across the street.
He has quiet a big backpack on his bag, and it looks completely packed full.
"You'll have to wait and see Rae"
We've been walking for what seems like hours, making light conversation. It's getting dark now. We're outside of the town area now and I'm confused where we are. Luke stops in his tracks and I look up to the scene in front of me.
There are cars parked everywhere on a big open field in front of a large screen. I stand in shock and drop Luke's hand.
"I haven't seen the Titanic before and I know it's one of your favourites so I thought we could come see it here.. Is it okay?" He fumbles nervously with his words.
"Luke this is perfect." I state pulling him into a hug.
I watch as he pulls out a blanket from his bag and places it on the ground. He somehow managed to fit a few pillows into his bag and two bottles of Arizona. On the way here he insisted we buy food from the supermarket, and I'm currently holding a plastic bag full of food.
He sits down on the blanket and pats the spot next to him gesturing for me to sit.
I do as I'm told and sit down next to him.
"Thank you for this Luke." I say, nuzzling my head into his arm.
"It's my pleasure." He wraps his arm around my shoulder and brings me closer to him as the movie starts to play.