Chapter 9

Luke had left me outside to think about what had just happened. Had he meant what he said? Had he really wanted to kiss me?

I shiver and pull Luke's jacket tighter around my shoulders as the wind starts to pick up. I should go inside but I'm not sure if I'm ready to face everyone yet. Especially Luke.

Eventually, my fingers start to feel like they're going to freeze off, so I stand up and walk towards the hotel.

Shit, I just realised that I have to share a room with Luke since I let Michael stay with Reid. I could go hang out with Reid and Michael before I have to go to bed, but I don't know what they're doing and I don't particularly feel like walking in on them.

As I'm walking towards the room that the boys are in, I bump into someone in the hallway. I look up to see who it is. Ashton.

"You okay Jasey? You're shivering and wait...Are you crying? What did Luke say?"

"Oh uh no, it's nothing. He didn't, nothing. Don't worry Ash. I'm fine." I say quickly, trying to smile up at Ashton.

"I'm just warning you about Luke. He's done thing-"

"I know about Mali." I butt in.

"What? Oh. Well, I just don't want to see him hurting another girl. Not like that."

"Wait, who the hell said I even liked him? And even if I did, he would never like me back." I scoffed, rolling my eye.

"Oh come on Jasey. That  kiss was like some type of Disney shit."

"What? No, it was just a dare. It didn't mean anything."

Ashton smirks at me. "Tell that to Luke, I saw his face after you ran out, he looked heartbroken. He didn't have his usual smug look on his face, he liked kissing you, I could tell."

I looked up at Ashton. I was going to ask him what he meant by 'heartbroken', but then I realised it would be better to pretend that I didn't care.

"Well, that's in the past now so it doesn't matter. Just leave it Ash."

I squeeze past Ashton and continue walking down the hallway towards the room. I slowly opened the door, to see Luke lying fast asleep on the bed closest to the window. His hair was messy and out of its usual up quiff. His mouth was slightly open and his eyebrows were slightly furrowed. He had his legs pulled up in a fetus position, and he had his hands under his head. It was the cutest sight I had ever seen, and I couldn't help but stare.

"I can tell you're there," Luke said in a husky tone.

"Hey, you're staring." He said, his lips turning up into the cutest smirk as one of his eyes opened.

"Don't think so highly of yourself Hemmings." I smirk, chucking the nearest pillow to me straight to his face. It hits him straight in the face and he sends me a glare, followed by a light chuckle.

"Oh Jasey, you just had to start a pillow fight didn't you." He grabbed the pillow off his bed and hurled it towards me, hitting me straight in the face and leaving me stunned.

"It's on Hemmings!" I exclaim, picking up the pillow and running straight to him, hitting him hard in the arm. We both erupt into fits of laughter as we continue to hurl pillows at each other. 

As I am about to stuff a pillow in Luke's face, Michael stumbles through the door, shirtless and looking slightly drunk.

"Luke! Luke I did it!" Michael shrieked, doing a small victory dance.

"You fucked her?" Luke asks, standing up off the bed. Michael sighed and sat down on the bed.

"God Luke don't say that. But yes. I did. I'm also slightly drunk and I really need to pee."

"Um, I'm still here." I say, making my presence evident as I didn't really want to listen to Michael go into detail about his sex life with Reid.

"Oh. Hi Jasey um, you can go back into the room if you want?"

"Oh yeah cool." I say, gathering up all my things and opening the door.

"This isn't over yet Hemmings." I say before closing the door behind me and walking across the hall to my room.

I push the door open to see Reid fast asleep. The two single beds had been pushed together and the sheets and comforters were all over the place. There was spilled bowls of popcorn on the floor and quite a few empty beer bottle on the floor, along with a bottle of wine. Pokemon was still playing on the TV.  I scanned the room and saw the empty chocolate flavoured condom wrapper lying on the floor. I chuckled to myself, dumping my bags on the floor and cleaning up the mess the two of them had made, before going into the closet to get a extra duvet and lying on the floor. I didn't really want to sleep in the same bed as a half naked Reid that had just had sex with someone on the exact same bed.  I was going to make sure to get all of the juicy details about it in the morning.

I really liked Reid. She was very easy going and open about every. She actually reminded me a lot of Juliet. Maybe that's what I liked about her. I'd also make sure to ask her what type of music she liked in the morning. 

Tomorrow was the night of the boys first gig, and I was nervous and excited for them. I barely knew these boys but I already felt close to them.

My life really hadn't changed that much. I mean it had, but I'm still the same person. I remember talking to Juliet once about those sappy books where a girl has problems, she's depressed and has so many issues. Then she meets a guy and oh won't you look at that she cured. She's no depressed, she doesn't have any issues. She's the perfect girl with the perfect prince. I personally think it's utter bull shit and no one should live their life thinking one day some knight in shining armour is going to come along and fix their silly little problems. Because if there's one thing I have learned from experiencing everything in the last five or so years of my life, is that you have to deal with your own problems. And maybe, just maybe if you can do that, you might also just get your knight in shining armour.