Chapter 1

Announcement

"Will all year 9 students please make their way to the hall. Thank you."

I groan and sling my bag over my shoulder, heading towards the double doors. The hall is crowded with people of all looks and sizes, yet all girls. I sigh and plonk myself down in the year 9 row with all the other 13 year old girls. School sucks today.

The head teacher rises onto the small platform and clears her throat.

"Welcome, welcome to a very important meeting today. I have gathered you here to inform you about an upcoming event. In 3 weeks a school trip will take place at the camping spot. We stay there for 5 nights, and will experience something completely new."

I sit on the hard floor, whispering to my friend.

"Psst, Vicki!"

"What!" She whispers loudly. A nearby teacher glares at me and I shut up for a minute.

"Are you gonna go on this stupid trip?"

She stares at me as if I'm stupid.

"Obviously. Well, we don't really have a choice, do we?" I sigh loudly, and the head teacher calls my name.

"Emma? Is there something you'd like to share with us?" I gulp. I'm usually a goody-two-shoes, getting told off isn't something I'm exactly proud of.

"Well? Come up here and tell all of us!" She shouts, and I shiver before standing up in front of everyone. I can feel my face flushing bright red, and small drops of sweat forming on my hairline. My legs wobbling, I stumble up onto the stage with everyone sniggering.

"Will you tell us what you were discussing with Vicki? Hmm?" I look up at her with pleading eyes, but she doesn't understand. I step forward and clear my throat.

"I was just asking her if she was... If she- If she was going on the trip." There's silence and I wait patiently for something to happen.

"Go and sit down." I breath a sigh of relief.

********

"You could've stood up for me, you were whispering too!" I yelled at Vicki, who simply smirked.

"No way. You spoke first, not me," she smiles, and I get an urge to punch her in that little smug face. But she's my best friend, I would never do that.

I glare at her and cross my arms, mumbling rude words I only dare say under my breath. She sighs, patting my back.

"Sorry, Em. You're right, I'll go tell the head." I smile, satisfied after hearing her apology.

"No, it doesn't matter. All I wanted was to hear you beg. Haha!" I laugh and scream as she yanks on my hair. This is why we're friends.

"Can't wait for this trip then," she says.

"Yep. Can't wait for this trip."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A book will never have horror right at the beginning or straight away. Please keep that in mind. Thank you.

Omg guys, what did you think of the first proper chapter? I know nothing scary happened but oh, wait until later you will be on your knees begging for me to update... Well, hopefully. ;-) I already have a faint idea of what will happen, but please do keep those ideas coming in, it would really help.

Shoutout to purple_notebook for overall being an awesome person, giving me the title. If you're reading this, thanx soo much it helped me a lot!!!! But don't worry I love all my awesome fans.

:-D

Please vote and comment, that would definitely mean a lot. Does the description sound scary? I'm planning to make this a proper long book, not a short story or couple of chapters long. So sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the story.

Don't forget to follow for a follow and vote and comment!

THANX GUYS!!!!!!!!