Chapter 14

A lot of excitement so far, but what will the girls do next? Will Leather Face make another appearance? Hmm...

We set out, walking along the concrete road in silence. I'd warned everyone to listen carefully for any suspicious noises and they agreed.

Finally I broke the silence; it was almost as if it was deafening me.

"What if we don't find our way back?"

They all stared at me as if I was stupid, shaking their heads disappointedly.

"We have a map, Emma," Holly said blankly.

"Yes but... well how long will it take? I mean it takes about an hour on the coach. Imagine walking," I replied nervously. They thought for a moment before Megan spoke.

"We don't have a phone either. Our parents will be worrying - like crazy," she added with a worried tone.

"Calm down," Amber ordered, clearly annoyed at our arguing.

"Leather Face might be listening," she began, "and we won't know if he comes up behind us because you'll be making all the noise!"

That silenced us immediately, sending a shiver down my spine as I imagined it.

"She's right," I spoke, "we need to carry on walking and stop the talking. In fact, let that be our motto: carry on walking and stop the talking."

We all nodded in agreement and shut our mouths.

The summer breeze blew gently around us, causing our hair to sway in the wind. Birds twittered around us, singing songs to one another and calming each of the girls. The sun emerged from the clouds and shone on everything underneath it, lighting the world around me.

"Ahhh," I sighed. It felt good to be warmed for once. The other girls did the same and we chuckled quietly to ourselves.

"Wait!" Megan yelled. We stopped abruptly and looked at her.

"Can you hear that?" She whispered, pressing a finger to her lips. We stood still and listened closely, but heard nothing.

"What is i-"

Suddenly Megan was grabbed from behind and shoved to the ground. Amber screamed at the top of her lungs, probably making them red raw. I felt faint as I saw Leather Face bearing his yellow teeth at Megan, smiling wickedly as he showed her the weapon he was hiding all along.

His chainsaw.

"No, MEGAN!" I shrieked, pushing past everyone and getting to Leather Face.

I tried pushing him with all my strength, but he seemed to have gained power and pushed me away with ease. I growled, jumping on his back and giving Megan the chance to run.

"HOLLY, AMBER: HELP!" I yelled at them. They snapped back into reality and lunged at him.

But he easily picked Amber off and grabbed hold of Holly, trying to twist the chainsaw into a good holding position. After getting past that obstacle, he pressed the blade into her arm and smirked as she screamed in pain.

I ran at her and tried to pull the weapon from his arms, but all this resulted in was getting a grazed knee from falling onto the rough concrete. Swearing under my breath, I tried once more to save Holly from him but I was too weak and no match for a serial killer. I was only thirteen.

Instead, I got a shower of dark blood that was spraying from the deep wound. Rubbing my eyes of blood, I fell and hit my head. I felt the pain spreading throughout my body and taking over.

Everything was going so well, so calmly. I should've heard Him coming and stopped all this happening.

I could've saved a life. But I was dumb and a terrible leader. I was letting everyone go too easily.

But all of a sudden (and it was extremely sudden), we heard a voice calling our names. Was it a voice? Or our imagination? Right now it seemed as if we were the only people in the world, trapped with this monster.

"EMMA! MEGAN! AMBER!"

"What the..." I looked up, my head throbbing and saw the person I least expected to see. She was running towards us, catching His attention as she called our names desperately.

"Oh my God!" Amber gasped, spotting the woman.

"Is it really you?" I whispered, thanking God at the bottom of my heart.

"It is!"

*****

Oh jeez, another death? Why is Leather Face doing this to them!? Poor Holly.. And who is this surprise person? I'm being mean, the only clue is it's a woman. Leave a comment on who you think it is!

VOTE. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!

*

Oh yeah... And follow for a follow! :D Next update coming ASAP, I wanna see your reactions when you find out who it is!