Chapter 17

A/N I am SO sorry for not updating. I was so busy with other books and my joint account etc etc. It's kinda getting in the way of my own account :( If you haven't seen my joint account with Pjbunny then check it out! We're called @BloodyHorrorTwins. Anyway lemme get on...

Leather Face was back.

My eyes widened, and before I knew it I was wide awake. The buzzing sound of the blade spinning almost defended me, and I felt tears threatening to fall. After all we'd been through, it was for nothing. Although I tried my best, I couldn't stop them from spilling down my cheeks — causing me to begin sobbing loudly, gasping inbetween breaths.

"Emma!" The Head dragged me upright and shook me roughly.

"Wake up, wake up, wake U-"

"I AM AWAKE!" I screamed loudly in her ear, probably making them ring. She stumbled backwards, but regained steadiness as she grabbed my arm.

A piercing edge sliced through flesh — I could hear it. Hear the screams, the pain, the loss, the homesickness.

Homesickness!

It came flooding into my veins, weakening me till I almost staggered backwards. Luckily my mind cleared and I was back into the real world. That was dangerous, I thought. Better stay alert.

Amber let out an ear-splitting shriek, startling me into action. I charged towards Leather Face and jumped on his back, tightening my grip around his neck. He struggled to release himself from my lock, his weapon flying from his hands. Amber, lying in a pool of crimson blood, groaned. Her right arm had been cut off jaggedly, allowing the deep red liquid to come seeping out onto the dry roads.

Behind us, there were dry, cracked roads. Before us, there were roads. Beside us, lay endless forests full to the brim with mysterious creatures, vivid animals and growing vegetation. The blinding sun was beaming down on us, with a gentle breeze twirling our hair as we stood. It was a breath-taking sight — if, you bothered to take it all in.

Leather Face was becoming weaker and weaker, I could tell. His raspy breath was slowing down as I continued to squeeze his neck, showing no mercy. He deserves this, I mused to myself evilly as I clamped down harder.

He wheezed, stumbling around crazily until he jerked his arm backwards; knocking me over, onto the rough ground. I yelped out in agony, screaming at the top of my lungs. But a loud CRASH changed everything. Everything. Everything.

The chainsaw was directed at Leather Face — somebody had his only weapon! Megan came charging at him, shrieking, "DIE!"

The blade was thrusted on his arm and began tearing through his flesh, searching for the bone. He screeched a series of bad words as his copper red blood sprayed everywhere, drenching us with his revolting insides. I retched, almost vomiting on the spot as the taste of metal overtook my tastebuds and the smell of rotting flesh wafted under my nose. Amber moaned in misery, desperately needing medical attention as blood leaked from her.

Her arm was lying a few metres away, and now had an audience of flies eating away at the skin. The cloying smell was unbearable, it made me want to vomit up everything I'd eaten recently (which wasn't much).

Megan shoved him over, and he tumbled onto the floor. She threw the chainsaw away, boiling with rage. But why is she angry?

"MY PARENTS ARE PROBABLY CRYING THEIR EYES OUT! WORRIED SICK ABOUT ME! HOW- HOW DARE YOU PUT THEM THROUGH ALL THAT HEARTBREAK? YOU-" She kicked him endlessly, with the immediate help of me and the Head.

Eventually, our feet ached and we were out of breath, so we decided to pause for a moment. But that was a moment too long, as, even though he was weak and most likely in absolute agony, he staggered upright and jolted forwards, limping quickly for the woods.

"HE'S ESCAPING!" I yelled, but he'd already picked up the chainsaw and was snarling at us evilly. We backed away, allowing him to leave.

"He's helpless. We could take him down," the Head said. I nodded in agreement. Suddenly my attention turned back to Amber. I can't believe I'd forgotten her!

But we were much too late. The gaping wound wasn't leaking blood as it was all dried up in a pool beneath her, and her face was pasty and ghostly white. Her lips were slowly mouthing something that was extremely tough to work out.

"If we follow him, we can kill him easily and then head home. It'll take a day or two, but..." she trailed off, and I nodded vigorously. The plan was perfect.

Just then, I caught the words that Amber was saying. Just before she breathed out deeply, and her eyelids fluttered shut. A single tear drop fell from my eye, and landed with a pattering sound on the hot concrete, creating a spiralling pattern. I thought back to her last words which were spoken in a quiet croak — And I knew we had to put them into action, just the Head and me.

"Kill him."

***

Sorry for leaving surprisingly, but I'M BACK! This was a nice long chapter, action packed just for you! Wasn't the ending kinda sad, though? Please leave a comment on exactly what you thought, feedback means everything! And if you enjoyed, remember to vote & follow for a follow!

THANX!!! :D  XD