Chapter 2

School Trip

2 Weeks and 6 days later

I go home and get my suitcase open. A small part of me dies after realising I won't be able to see my parents for 5 days, and I get homesick sometimes. Still, I'll have my friends so hopefully it'll be fine. I pack t-shirts, shorts, leggings, tops, shoes and little things from home, including my favourite stuffed toy. Yes, I'm 13 and have a toy.

Once I'm finished packing my belongings, I run downstairs and smile at my mum, who has just got dinner ready.

"Your last dinner at home for 5 days, honey!"

I roll my eyes and laugh, yet still feeling washy inside. Something inside tells me I shouldn't go, but it's only a little camping trip, no harm.

When I've finished stuffing my face with delicious potatoes and beef, I get out my phone and go on Facebook.

Can't wait for this trip tomorrow! Not! xx

I post it and go upstairs to bed. I see a hot water bottle and a note.

Your last sleep in this bed for 5 days! We'll miss you honey!

I assume it's mum and chuckle to myself, although I'm still feeling nervous. When I get in bed and snuggle up I feel the tears coming on, but even worse- footsteps. Wiping away the tears I pretend to be asleep, but my parents know that trick all too well.

"Worried about going?" Mum asks. I sigh and turn to face her, causing a whole lot of fresh tears to stream down my face.

"Don't worry, don't worry hun. I'm sure you'll have so much fun!"

"No I won't, I'll miss you!"

She sighs and then laughs, nudging my head. I look up at her and she strokes my hair.

"You'll have fun, trust me. You have your friends and you can always call me to say goodnight!"

My body stops shivering and I smile, breathing calmly.

"Ok. I'll go, but that doesn't mean I'll have fun. I'm gonna miss you."

********

I stretch my arms and smile, but suddenly remember the trip and shiver, butterflies swooping and looping inside my stomach. The feeling is terrible and I shake in fear, tears falling from my eyes. My parents are still in bed and the thought of leaving them terrifies me. But I still think there's something wrong about me going.

I hear footsteps and I lay down, breathing heavily.

"You'll be fine, darling. Just have fun!" Mum says, shaking my shoulder. I burst out into fresh tears and hug her, screaming and not wanting to go. She hugs me back tight but sighs, pulling away.

"You can't live life with me by your side all the time! You'll hardly see me when you're older, you know that right?"

I know that, but I'm desperate not to go. After her bribing me to go I get my suitcase and walk up to school with both my parents, shaking violently.

*****************************

The coach is stood outside the school, and crowds of people on the grounds, hugging their children and telling them to have fun. I look worriedly up to my mum, who smiles and shakes my hand reassuringly. All the other children look happy and excited, yet the tears from before had stained my eyes and everyone stares. Ahhh! This is really embarrassing! I think. Soon, we're told to say our final goodbyes and I hug mum tight, who hugs back.

"You'll have so much fun with your friends, I'm certain!" She smiles, and I sigh. She's right, I'm just being a big baby. I have Vicki and other friends, it'll be great!

We all scramble on to the coach, trying to get the top part at the front. It jerks forward and I wave goodbye to mum, who is waving frantically and smiling too. Vicki starts conversation and I listen... Suddenly realising this was the worse mistake of my life.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Hope you enjoyed!!!! Please vote, comment and follow for a follow! THANX!!!!!! :-)