Chapter 13

Guess what? I managed to get WiFi on holiday! I can't stay away from Wattpad, really. I wonder what'll happen next...

Chapter 13

"RUN!" I yelled and pulled Amber behind me, who wasn't such a fast runner.

Aha! I knew these long legs would come in useful some day.

I sped along the concrete road, yanking hard on Amber's arm to help her a little - but all it resulted in was sending a shock of pain down her arm.

It was easy to tell when Leather Face was getting closer, as the buzzing sound would get louder and louder. Just the thought of getting cut up like Chloe sent a shiver and a chill down my spine.

What would Mum do in my situation? My mind slowly drifted to home, which instantly allowed the homesickness to come flooding in.

Mum, Dad, my little brother Joe.

None of them deserved this. My parents worked so hard in life, worked hard to make me a responsible child, along with Joe. Joe. He was only ten years old, too young to be put through depression.

But would they miss me? Surely they would. I remember looking out the coach just before it drove off, and saw Mum mouth, 'I'll be thinking about you always.'

Would she have kept her promise? Perhaps she was worrying the coach had broken down. It's been a day, we should've been home yesterday. Right now I should be hanging with friends or stuffing my face with Mum's homemade cupcakes.

Just thinking about them makes me drool.

"STIIIITCH!!" Ellie breathed heavily, clutching her stomach as she began to slow down. I saw a sharp edge nearing her face, and if she didn't hurry up soon she'd be gone. Like Vicki.

I had so many questions to ask Vicki when she was dying, but all of them seemed inappropriate at the time. What did it feel like? How long did the pain last? How strong was the pain? Were you afraid of what was happening? Did you feel weak? They were only a few questions I were thinking of.

Suddenly, my mind snapped back to reality as I head pained screams. A dark, sticky liquid splashed my cheeks, shrieks and yells ringing in my eardrums. All I wanted to do was let go of her and run.

But I was too afraid of the future to want to live. I'd never forget my friends deaths and what I witnessed today; it would haunt my dreams and stay with me till death.

Wait, am I saying I want to let Leather Face win?

"E-mmmma," she gasped, her eyes wide and her mouth an 'O' shape. Her face was sickly pale, and as she gasped once more, she fell on her knees and then landed with a thud on the ground.

Ellie was dead.

"ELLIE!" I screamed, grabbing her limp body and cradling it. Leather Face was nearing us but I didn't care.

"Ellie..." I whispered, trailing off. Her breathing had stopped and she felt ice cold. A warm tear dripped down my cheek and fell off my chin as if I was a baby dribbling. Soon, my vision was blurred as I felt empty inside.

Do you know what feeling when you feel as if nothing mattered anymore? And when you just wanna give up, as you're tired of the harsh world. I felt it right then. Terribly, I hadn't been able to feel sad about Vicki. Her death had happened so fast, and people were on the brink of dying too - I had to help them.

After realising I'd have nothing when I got back home, trying to fight Leather Face off didn't seem worth it. But then again, at that point nothing seemed worth it.

Confusion set in.

Should I die and free myself? Or fight and keep my family happy?

It was difficult, extremely difficult, but eventually I knew that family come first. I had to fight.

"LEATHER FACE IS THERE EM HURRY UP!" The girls screamed in unison as they pulled on my arms. Obediently I stood up and continued running, sweat breaking out on my forehead.

My legs took long, large and quick strides, my hands slicing through the air. It's truly amazing what an adrenaline rush can do to you.

Megan, Amber, Holly and I. Would we be able to survive until we got home? We had all out supplies, but would it be enough? Well, we'd just have to find out.

We'll stick together, forever and always.

Until Leather Face pulls us apart.

*****

I did a longer chapter than last time!   Thank you, thank you.

So what did you think of this chapter? Ellie died :'(What did you think of her death?

Please vote if you enjoyed & want more! Remember to leave your amazing feedback as I reply to all comments! And follow for a follow!! :)

THANX!! :D