Chapter 3

We pulled up in the front of the building. The walls were cream white, with glass, double doors. I shivered, knowing this was a mistake. I should've followed my instincts, and stayed at home. But surely nothing will happen. Right?

We all piled out of the coach, everyone chatting excitedly. Vicki pulled out our bags and handed me one, gently pushing me towards the doors. Luckily, she knew I got homesick, so I don't need to remind her - though by now she might've forgotten.

 I'm astounded by my surroundings when we enter. The white walls with a small hint of blue, ancient paintings hung around us, the eyes of portraits staring at me - instantly making me feel uneasy. However, all the other people are amazed, smiling happily and as we are escorted to our rooms.

The girls are put into each different rooms. Much to my luck, I'm put with Vicki, Emily and Chloe, three people I am in most lessons with. I rest my bag on the bed and begin unpacking, the sickly feeling arising in my stomach. Desperately trying to regain my happy spirits, a loud voice calls us and we leave the room behind, entering the dining hall for dinner.

*************

 "Straight to bed! And no talking please!" The head teacher says sternly. I gulp and go into our bedroom, undressing and putting on my nightie. Chloe always disobeys the teachers and she is chatting away, without a care or problem on her mind. Emily is lying on her bed, reading a very fat book with very small words. I love reading, but sadly forgot to bring any books. Maybe she'd let me borrow one.

I shoot Vicki a worried glance, and she smiles in return. I know really that she can sense I'm homesick, but she doesn't tell anyone, much to my relief. After brushing her teeth though, she does come and sit on my bed, giving my hand a gentle squeeze and a sympathetic look. Slowly I let my mind wander to home - yet those wistful thoughts soon vanish, and homesickness comes flooding in.

The lights are turned out, but no happy chatting begins. Everyone is silent, and soon I hear deep breathing from each bed. Even after staying wide awake for a long time, my eyelids droop and soon I fall asleep.

There was a man in my dream. He had some kind of mask, appeared to be made out of some kind of leather. A distant buzz drummed in my ears as he crept closer to me. I was tied up with duck tape covering my mouth. But even without it, I was so paralysed with fear no sound reached my dry lips. My back ached after being tied up for so long with no support. Yet all these thoughts were nothing in comparison to my fear of this man.

When he was simply a few metres away from me, I noticed the giant object in his hands. Buzzing loudly, a blood-stained chainsaw was held out in front of him. Now I could scream. But even when I did, no one could possibly hear me. I was trapped. He neared me, showing me the chainsaw and pointing it towards my neck.

Footsteps, closer, closer and closer. Soon, he was breathing down my neck, the chainsaw on full volume in my ears, almost deafening me. And within a split second, the blade was cutting through my neck. Blood splattering all over the colourless walls, the life draining out of my body.

And then I woke up suddenly, sweat dripping from my forehead. In the far, far distance, I'm almost certain I could hear a light buzzing - of a chainsaw.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for the really long wait, but this chapter was hopefully exciting and where the fun starts, so please don't stop reading!!! I will hopefully be updating more often, so please bare with me. And please remember to vote, comment and follow for a follow!

THANX!!!!!!! :D