Chapter 9

I had to delete the last chapter 9 as I realised that Chloe had actually died... but I included her into the book.... enjoy (p.s please read the end)

My body was shaking when I woke up, which was in a pristine white bed. Nurses were scurrying around, checking my temperature, rushing around and pointing lights in my eyes and asking me questions.

I can't speak as my throat is too dry, but I manage to croak out, "I water please," which sent one nurse running from the room, soon returning with a plastic cup full with cool, refreshing water - which I gulp down as soon as it's in my hands.

"Emma Thompson, can you hear me?" The Head teacher asks. I carefully nod, a tear falling from my eye making a pattering sound on the bed covers, as I remember what happened yesterday.

Chloe

"Where is Chloe?" I grunt.

"C-Chloe... She was... Sent home as she was... mmmm.. Ill."

"Lies."

*****

Vicki is perched on a cushion, twiddling her fingers. When I walk in, she jumps up in joy and squeezes me - most known as a hug.

"How are you, Em? What happened? Spill!"

A shiver runs down my spine as I remember what I'd seen, but it would only worry everyone.

"I just.. Got homesick. Um.. I fainted so they took me to a seperate place to calm down. I'm better now. We're leaving today!"

"Oh yeah! I'm actually gonna miss this place. By the way, where's Chloe?"

Sh**

"The Head told me she got ill and had to leave."

I quickly get my bag and begin packing, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room.

We go to the hall and eat breakfast, before heading back to our rooms to finish packing. Everyone is silent at the mention of Chloe.

Suddenly, the Head bursts through the door, startling us all, and worriedly tells us to hurry. Out of curiosity, I follow her out of the door.

"Miss, what is it?"

She jumps and glares at me when she realises who it is. But almost instantly her expression changes, and tears well up in her eyes.

"I've seen him too, Emma. I've seen Leather Face. He was watching me through the window... I don't know what to do! We need to hurry up, pack and leave. Especially with Chloe..."

"What happened to Chloe?" I ask. I know what happened, but now it all seems like a blur and I'm not sure if I was dreaming or if she actually... Died.

"Nothing! She was ill. Hurry up and pack - we never had this conversation." And she walked away.

*^*

It was beating it down with rain, lightning illuminating the sky. Unfortunately, the coach was a two minute walk away, yet in the pouring rain it seemed like hours.

When we had got soaked after running to the coach, I took a seat at the back and signalled for Vicki to sit beside me.

Soon, we were moving and a happy chatter started up.

"Why would Chloe leave if she was just ill? I thought she was a fighter."

"Well, she must've been really ill."

"I guess, but I thought she was enjoying it here. Haha, enjoying annoying you!"

Miffed, I give her a playful punch. She gasps and hits back harder. Our faces become extremely close as the coach Suddenly jerks to a stop.

"What was that?"

"What the f***?"

The Head whispers to the driver to mumbles something back, and she turns to face us.

"Girls, calm down. The coach has just broken down and a repairman is on the way. Just remain patient!"

I exchange a worried glance with Vicki, as others begin talking again.

The repairman comes, but sadly shakes his head at the driver, who sighs irretably.

"Sorry girls, the coach can not be fixed for another two days so you'll have to stay at the camp. A text and email will be sent out to parents," the Head says.

Tiredly, everyone collects their bags and runs through the rain, me first. And I'm the first one to notice.

Our entrance blocked by my nightmare.

Leather Face and his chainsaw.

~~~~~

Ok, a re-written chapter 9. Hope you enjoyed, please comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed!

So... Does anyone want a dedication for this book? You'll get it for free, don't worry. PM me asap and I'll get round to it the next day you ask. Plus if you ask it'll get a quicker, more exciting update!!

So please vote, comment and follow for a follow!

THANX!!!! XD

p.s don't forget about those dedications with your name written all over it!