Epilogue

6 months later

The piercing edge was a centimetre away from my nose, any closer and it'd slice through with ease. My heart stopped for a split second as I waited with bated-breath as to see if the blade would cut my skin...

Gasping for breath, I jumped up out of bed. I teared open the curtains and peeked through the window, my heart thumping uncontrollably in my chest. A drop of sweat rolled down my cheek and fell onto the bedroom carpet.

There was nothing there.

"It was just a dream," I whispered to myself. "He's not going to get you."

My heart stopped as I heard a distant buuzzzzzzzz slowly growing louder. I pulled the curtains closed and dived into my bed, hiding underneath the covers. Footsteps echoed throughout the room and stopped by my bed, causing me to cover my mouth with the palm of my hand. Suddenly the covers were ripped back, revealing nothing.

I started into the aphotic distance, slowly letting my eyes adjust to the darkness. And when they did, everything looked normal. As normal as can be. Nothing was out of place and it didn't seem as if anyone had entered.

I stayed lying in my bed, listening to my intense heartbeat. Eventually, I fell asleep.

                                  * * *

"Em, hun, wakey wakey," Mum said as she gently shook me. I yawned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. Looking at the clock on my bedside table, I saw it was nine o' clock in the morning. What?!

"Why wake me up this early?!"

"Haven't you had enough sleep?"

"Pah, no!"

She thought for a moment, and then smiled warmly at me.

"Ok, stay in bed for an extra hour. You deserve it." With that, she happily left the room.

It'd been like this ever since I'd gone on that trip to Adventure Experience. Mum and Dad let me have it my way all the time after I told them what happened on those dreadful days. I can still remember it so clearly.

*

"Emma, darling," Dad came and sat beside me, opposite Mum. "I think it's time we talk... About your... Trip."

     "Why?" I asked, already feeling tearful.

"It's important we know what happened so we can help you," Mum told me.

Bracing myself, I prayed silently that I wouldn't cry, but the tears were already on the verge of falling.

"I saw a man... Leather Face. He was called..." I paused to wipe a tear that had already fallen. "And hehe wanted to.. to kill us. And he DID!"

I fell on my knees and wept with my head in my hands. Mum and Dad tried their very best to comfort me, to calm me. Nothing worked. Nothing. And they didn't make me explain anything more.

*

My bed became uncomfortable after that, so I climbed out of it. I faintly heard voices downstairs, probably Mum and Dad.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a cheerful boy looked in. It was my brother, looking for someone to play with.

"Hey Em, wanna play on my Xbox with me?"

"No," I replied sternly. He looked sorrowfully at me, but kept his ground.

"Whadda you want? Leave!"

"I want to play."

"If you keep annoying me I'll wish Leather Face did kill me!" I retorted harshly. He seemed taken aback and his face screwed up. It took me a minute to realize why.

"Oh, don't cry. I didn't mean it, I swear." I go over to him and pull him into a big hug while he soaks my pajama top with his tears and snot.

"Go have breakfast, I'll be down in a sec."

He runs off and leaves me in peace. I sink into my bed again, allowing my eyes to flutter shut.

So this is my daily routine now. Wake up, comfort my brother while he cries, go back to bed, have breakfast, do nothing, have dinner, brush teeth and go to bed. Everyday is the same.

I roll over, snuggling up in my blanket. And as I look ahead of me, I get the shock of my life.

What!?

Leather Face.

***

A/N I was actually thinking of doing a sequel or nahh? Comment either:
#JustDoIt - if you want me to make a sequel.
#NahMate - if I shouldn't do it.
All silent readers should also leave a comment as I urgently need your opinion!

And if you think I should do it, I urgently need ideas for the title!

But if you can't make up your mind, remember I left you on a cliffhanger. Do you want to find out what happens?

For now, it's PEACE OUT! ✌