Chapter 19

Enjoy the last chapter? Yep, Leather Face is BAAAAACK! Shall we see what's going to happen? Next chapter is the end! Please do remember to vote, comment and follow for a follow - it'd also be amazing if you could share this with your friends? Please? Anyway, I hope you enjoy and thank you all for your support!

"Ready."

The piercing edge was a centimetre away from my nose, any closer and it'd slice through with ease. My heart stopped for a split second as I waited with bated-breath as to see if the blade would cut my skin. It missed, but only because luck was on my side — for now.

The Head teacher grabbed my arms and yanked me backwards so I stumbled onto the crackling leaves. They crunched as I came into contact with the muddy ground, getting my shorts dirty. I sighed, but didn't really care.

I stood up quickly, brushing myself down. An adrenaline rush burst through my veins, flowing through my blood as I realised he was coming towards me.

"EMMA!"

His hands were held out in front of him, clutching the chainsaw that was spinning on full speed. I stood my ground, clenching my fists in front of my face as if I was about to fight. That wasn't my plan at all.

As soon as the edge was only a few inches away from cutting through my skin, I ducked my head under the chainsaw and lunged forward, twisting on my heel to face him again. He snarled, steadying himself before charging at me again. I was caught off-guard this time, and I stayed paralysed on the spot. All of a sudden, my vision was a blur as Leather Face was shoved to the side, causing him to stumble sideways and fall onto the ground. As I regained my normal sight, I saw the Head standing neatly on her toes, breathing heavily with her fists clenched.

"Miss," I whispered, blinking rapidly to stop any tears from falling. She smiled for a split second, but turned to face the man again, who was lying on the floor.

She crept up behind him, keeping her movement quiet. The weapon hadn't stopped working and was lying roughly a metre away from his hands, a small blood stain on the end of it. I shuddered, stepping further away from him.

The Head didn't seem afraid as she gazed upon the chainsaw, creeping closer towards him. I held my breath, watching closely to her every move.

"Leather Face," she said. Her voice was barely audible but I managed to hear her quite clearly.

"Miss, I-"

Like a flash of lightning, she jumped over the limp body and landed safely on the other side of him. The loud thump as she hit the ground awakened Leather Face, who jumped up instantly and faced the Head. I backed away, not wanting to be caught up in the nightmare — although really, I already was.

She chuckled evilly, hands on hips. I gasped at how smug she was acting. What was she hiding? What was her plan? I sighed lightly, a knot coiling in my stomach as I watched in anticipation. The wait was killing me.

As quick as a flash, she bent over and snatched up the chainsaw. The lethal blade was still on full speed, the jagged edges stained with blood that was a dark, brownish red. I shivered in disgust, but continued watching them.

The next events were so much of a shock I staggered backwards and fell with a thud on my butt, a sharp pain jolting through me. The Head kicked his legs so he fell over and then jumped onto him, pushing her knees against his arms so he was securely pinned down. She held the weapon tightly, watching him struggle beneath her. Lucky for us, he was weak enough to handle.

She frowned, glaring at him with a glint in her eyes and then very abruptly, pushed the chainsaw into his chest. The piercing blade sliced through his skin, causing rich, crimson blood to splatter on her face and clothes. She was becoming soaked in it, whilst I got a few blotches on my skin. The Head didn't stop at that, and continued pressing the blade into his chest, the wound getting deeper and deeper.

Deeper and deeper. Deeper and deeper. Deeper and deeper.

I closed my eyes tightly, grimacing at the bloody stench. It wafted under my nose continuously, making my eyes water.

Eventually, the buzzing noise stopped. I slowly opened my eyes but retched after seeing his body hadn't just been cut.

It'd been cut in half.

"Miss!" I cried and ran towards her, ignoring the smell. I fell into her arms and buried my face in her chest, despite the blood. The tears couldn't stop falling, rolling down my blood-stained cheeks. She sighed, pulling me close and squeezing with all her might.

"You don't need to worry," she whispered gently in my ear.

"Leather Face is gone. And he's never coming back."