Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Ah'Taria, Phoenix Crest Manor

Ebony woke her eyes looked up at the pink and purple canopy and at the decorative butterflies, blinking several times as the events of last night sank in.  With a sigh she threw the covers back and looked around the large cream and pink colored room before she sat up.  Gently she placed her feet on the cream colored rug that adorned the floor.  Ebony rotated her shoulders, while she looked around for her hand held and wondered if she'd left it in Jacob's room.  Staring at the doors that led to the nanny's sleeping area the though flickered through her mind if he was still there.

"Where are you going," came Jacob's voice from behind her.

Ebony opened the doors while she ignored him not pausing in her walk out of the room.  She pushed the doors open that led into his bedroom and rolled her eyes when she saw that he was already standing their.  With a dismissive snort she looked around the room for her hand held.

Frustrated Jacob stepped in front of her, he snarled, "Do not ignore me."

Stopping her search,  Ebony stared at him with a blank expression, "I apologize.  How may I assist you, Lord Jacob?"

Jacob stepped toward her as he drawled, "I am wondering why my wakeup call was missed."

Nodding her head slightly she replied not trying to hide her sarcasm, "After your eventful night I didn't believe my services would be needed."

Pursing his lips, he cocked an eyebrow, "I don't recall saying that.  I gave you leave not to share my bed but I don't remember ever saying that I didn't want my morning wakeup call."

Matching his arrogant tone she crossed her arms, "I refuse."  Ebony ignored his look of shock and disbelief turning away she saw her hand held laying on the desk at the far end of the overly large room.  Strolling over to the desk she grabbed it, turning she had to quickly step back as Jacob stood directly in front of her.

"Have you lost your mind," he asked menacingly.

"I have not, but obviously you have!"  Side stepping him she continued, "Do you not have any shame!"  Shaking her head at his attitude she finished, "You wish to go from fucking some woman to having me placing the same thing you used into my mouth."  Without pausing she strolled toward the door, "I refuse!"

Jacob stared after her feeling his anger reach its boiling point.  In all his years of living he could not remember a woman speaking to him in such a manner.  Trying, in vain, to tamper down his anger he could feel his eyes swirling, "Ebony do not attempt to walk out that door."

"Lord Jacob," drawled Ebony as she grabbed a door handle, "I wish to get Kayo and take her to school."  As she opened the door she gasped when the handle was yanked from her hand and the door slammed firmly.  Reaching out Ebony tugged at the door angrily.  After minutes passed and the door stayed firmly closed Ebony turned to meet Jacob's angry glare.  She raised her chin as she felt her anger and her sense of caution rise.  Taking a deep breath she waited to see what he would do next.

Walking toward the door he leaned into her bracing his hand on the door, "Why are you testing me?"

Ebony tried not to shake as his eyes seemed to swirl in a golden storm.  "Lord Jacob," she stammered before stopping mid-sentence to clear her thoughts.  Meeting his eyes she started again, "Lord Jacob, I am not testing you.  We both overslept and now I need to go to the palace to take Kayo to school."

"She can be taken to school by Easley with Sapphire, Lucca and Layette," he said as he watched her fidget.

Oh gods on high I never switched her from the Bronze District School, staring into his eyes she watched as the light brown of his eyes ebbed away leaving a terrifying molten gold.  Swallowing she croaked, "Lord Jacob -"