Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

Unknown Planet

Xara closed her eyes trying to concentrate but the discomfort she felt was overwhelming.  Taking a deep breath, they'd tried to impregnate her again, and like before her body reject it. Looking around the large pink and cream room she held in sob a despair. She couldn't continue living this way.

Turning toward the third floor window she reached out and touch the stain glass that was imbedded with iron that kept her caged in.  When it was installed six months ago she'd thought it would be easy to smash; but after two failed attempts she'd realized how wrong she'd been.  Holding back her sobs she straightened her shoulders remembering that she is a Mace and she could not and would not let this get to her.

Four years ago a man name Julius Rockefeller had stolen her from her home on Rayia.  At the time he'd told her that uncle and cousins were being held hostage and if she didn't comply they would all be killed.  She'd cried for days alone and scared before he'd came back and started injecting her with a golden liquid.  As time when on she'd noticed that the color of the liquid would become darker or tinged with different colors.  Not once did she try to fight believing the people she loved, and who loved her, were in danger.

As a single tear slid down her cheek she recalled six months ago when she'd found out the man that she thought was holding her family hostage actually worked for them:

Xara laid strapped to a table opposite a mirror as Julius filled a syringe with a golden liquid that had silver flecks simmering in its depths.  "Don't inject me with that," she spat as she realized the liquid looked different today more deadly.

Chuckling he roughly shoved the needle into her shoulder pressing the plunger. "But this was made especially for you,” he whispered menacingly.

Her eyes rounded as the liquid burned through her veins. With her blood boiling her body tried to arch off the table as painful spasms ripped through her. The black binding holding her down started cut into her skin as her body tried to convulse on the table.  Cries of pain echoed off the gray walls as the liquid tore through her destroying everything in its wake. 

Xara prayed for death as the convulsing became more savage, the pain more brutal, wrenching through her body lasting longer each time.  After several painful hours a clear silver fluid dripped from her eyes, ears and mouth.  Her raw tortured screams finally stopped and she laid prone with her eyes wide and unblinking.

Julius walked back into the room from observing her behind the two-way mirror. Shining a bright light into her eyes he waved at someone standing behind the mirror.  "Her pupils are barely responding.  I think your newest improvements on the serum may have killed her."

Rolling his eyes Dion walked into the room to stare down at his cousin.  "She's too stubborn to die," he whispered hate filling his voice with venom.

Julius looked at him questioningly before shrugging, "Do you think she can hear or see us?"

"I doubt she can."  HIs malicious laughter echoed off the walls as callous ran his hand over her mouth, "She was frothing at the mouth."  Waving his hand in her face he smiled cruelly down at her.  "To think she is the last female Mace on either sides of the family."

Julius frowned, "I thought Laurel was the last female Mace."

Cutting his eyes toward the man he gave a bark of laughter, "Yeah so did I until my father showed up with her."  Placing his hands on her shoulders he bend over until his nose pressed against hers, "I couldn't understand why Sebastian and father held her in such favor."  Shaking his head he looked to Julius, "Make sure Sebastian doesn't know about the new serum."