Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty
Vast Space between Dayum and Chikyu

Kevin frowned down at the handheld he'd purchased on Dayum.  Pressing the green button in frustration he looked around the large seating area.  "Damn stupid machine doesn't want to work right," he mumbled looking down at the still blue screen.

"Did you need some help?"  Lilly stared down at the handsome young man with a come hither smile.  Batting her long dark eyelashes she waited for him to respond.

Staring curiously at the lady he gave her a tentative smile, "I could use some help."  Handing her the device he waited impatiently.  "I'm trying to get it to connect to the Alliance newsfeed."

Holding the green button down she waited for it to power up.  Smiling triumphantly at him she pressed several buttons before handing it back to him.  "It just needed a light touch," she flirted licking her plump red lips.

"Really," replied Kevin staring down at latest news.  Looking up at the lady he frowned, "There seems to be a lot going on."  Pressing a few buttons he used his old log in to access classified documents. Reading to himself he paused and reread a sentence out loud. "Julius Rockefeller, now deceased, worked for Oscar Mace formerly O'Mallory.  Oscar O'Mallory and his family claims to be the rightful heirs to the first and second seats as children of the late Kevin Jacob Lawson."

"What," cried Lilly hearing information she hadn't read on the newsfeed or in the rags.  "Where is that article?  I want to read it," she whined trying to take the handheld from his hand.

Staring at the lady he glared coldly, "You are touching me."  When she continued to try to take it he snapped.  "If you touch me or my handheld again I'll ."

Pulling away Lilly stared at the man questioningly.  "I just wanted to read the article you were looking at."

Rolling his eyes Kevin stared coolly down at her, "I wasn't reading an article I was making up a story."  Turning the device off he tilted his head at her. "You do know what fiction is, correct?"

Nodding she stood pushing her small breast toward him, "I know what fiction is.  I've read a few before."  Running a finger up his chest she leaned in, "I'd love to help you with any research you need to do for certain scenes."

"Really," smiled Kevin, "I'm writing a murder mystery novel."  Smiling he whispered into her ear, "Well you play one of the murders victims in the name of research."

Jumping back she stared into his hazel green eyes shaking her head.  "I believe I hear my father calling me."  Rushing away she glanced back a look at the handsome man.

Sighing Kevin turned and stubbed his booted foot on the chair.  "Ouch!"  Staring at the chair as if it moved by itself he walked toward his private sleeping chamber.  Laying down he opened up the document he was reading.  After reading over two hundred pages of condensed reports from the high council meetigs he closed his eyes, "How could something like this happen?"

Smoothing a wrinkle on his forehead he laid down, "Who is this Oscar fellow and what does he have to do with Laurel?
*****
Ah'Taria - Gold District, Phoenix Crest Manor

"My mom has increased Kae's training from two days a week to five day a week after his little display at the meeting last week."  Turning to watch Ebony comb out her hair he chuckled, "And I'm 100 royals richer."

Pursing her lips Ebony tugged the comb through a tangle.  "I'm happy to hear that you're a wealthier man but Xara is terrified of Kaelen."  Looking at him through mirror's reflection she sighed, "You and Lucas were gone for five days getting him under control."  Staring at her black hair in the mirror she frowned, "I don't remember you or Lucas needed to go away for a week."