Chapter Fifty Five

Chapter Fifty Five

Ah'Taria - Council Meeting Room

"I'm happy to see that Ebony's two day sabbatical went well," mocked Kevin as he took in Ebony's thoroughly satisfied and flushed cheeks.  "Now that you two have returned it would appear that there is a lot to go over."

Staring at his handheld Jacob sighed in annoyance, "Why do I have to see you so much?  You are so annoying!  Since you're starting the meeting I assume you're challenging for the first seat?"

Giving Jacob an appraising stare he smirked, "Why would I do that?"  Looking toward Isaiah he gave him an impatient look, "Is there a reason why we are waiting."

Smiling patiently Isaiah pointed toward Kaelen, "I'm wondering if we should look for a way to restrain him."

Shifting uncomfortably in his seat Kaelen rolled his eyes.  "I'm fine.  Why are you all acting as if I'm going to leap across the table?"  Folding his arms he sunk into his seat, "again."

Patting his arm soothingly Acadia sent him a sympathetic look. "We are just taking precautions.  Think of how terrified Xara was when you lifted her off the floor."  Pressing her lips together to stop herself from smiling before she turned to toward Joshua.  "I was positive he was going to disembowel her with that nail."

"I heard that." Kaelen pouted as he pushed himself deeper into the seat.  "I am totally fine." Turning to stare at Kayla he whined, "Tell them Mia."

Kayla gave Kaelen an impatient look, "He'll be fine.  He's been training every day and when he's not training he's with Ruby."  Twisting her lips she leaned toward Ebony, "I can't stand the woman but he seems to like her."

Nodding in agreement Ebony whispered. "She's a power hungry bitch that thinks her pussy is lined in precious gems."  Laughing she looked at Kaelen, "She probably has her eyes on his seat more than him."

"You think?" Kayla heard grumbling so she leaned away to see that everyone at the table was staring at her and Ebony. "I would appreciate if you guys would at least act like you can't hear us."  Shaking her head she looked at Lucas, "It's not normal for people to hear that well."

Smirking he shrugged, "Maybe you should wait until you and Ebony are alone to discuss the semi-precious gems of another woman's -."

Holding her hand up scowled, "Stop eavesdropping."  Turning to Ebony she leaned in, "Do they not realize how creepy that makes them look."

Ebony pursed her lips to fight a smile.  "I believe you've just informed them."  Hearing Isaiah clear his throat she gave him her undivided attention only to realize that her and Kayla weren't the only one's talking amongst themselves.

Isaiah stared annoyed at Madison as she whispered to Wanda.  "Ladies do you need another moment to chat about Ebony and Jacob's short time away?"  When Wanda looked away he sighed, "I feel like we have made no real progress in finding the individuals behind the uprisings."  Meeting the eyes of everyone at the table he slowly sat down.  "We need to end this before it gets worse."

Cutting his eyes toward Kaelen he sighed, "I would have preferred to not have had to bring Xara back to another council meeting but it was agreed that she needed to be interviewed with the council present."

"Yes it was," nodded Malcolm as he started at Pharris. "I still remember it being put to a vote."

"Do you also remember me warning you of what would happen," snapped Pharris annoyed.

"Of course we do," turning to stare at Joshua he smiled.  "Why don't we bring her in and hope that Kaelen's more rigorous training has paid off."  Malcom went to the door and opened it, "Come in dear."  Turning he let his gaze rest on the flushed face of Kaelen before he shook his head.  "I'm almost positive the training will work."