Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifty Eight

A Seedy Casino on Mizu

Reading the universe news Arturo pressed his lips together in anger. "How in Neptune's beard is this even possible?"  Rereading the article announcing, Mekhi Joshua Lawson age 6, as the son and heir to Lord Jacob Kevin Lawson and mothered by Fourth Seat Ebony Aliza Talisman he cursed. Sucking his teeth Arturo glared at a family portrait of Lawson family growling in anger when he saw Ebony seated in front of Jacob with Kayo and Mekhi in her lap. "There is no way Ebony is his mother," throwing his device on the table he snapped his fingers to get the waitress attention.

Watching the naked woman saunter over to him he gave her an oily smile. "Bring me the bill, please."  He missed the flash of disgust in her eyes as she turned and walked away.  Several minutes later he pulled up his banking information and snorted. "I'm almost broke."  

Pulling up the article announcing Jacob Kevin Lawson had sired an heir with a non-Ah'Tarian he smiled gleefully.  "Maybe I should pay my ex-wife and daughter a visit and refill my crofters," pressing a few buttons he purchased a first class ticket to Ah'Taria.  Walking to the taegsi stand he sneered, "She can either pay me to keep quiet or I can announce to the universe that Jacob Lawson and his high-brow family are nothing but liars."

******

Ah'Taria - Gold District Medic Center

Watching Kevin play with a syringe full of gold liquid Jacob clicked his tongue.  "Are you going to stand there staring at it or inject me?"

"I'm contemplating how severe my part in your actions will be," muttered Kevin staring at the shimmer fluid.  "If Ebony finds out I had a hand in her getting pregnant by you I have a feeling she's going to beat the crap out of me."  Pulling a charming smile he laughed, "And I don't mean as a foreplay."

Sighing Jacob waved reached out a hand and called for the syringe.  Pulling the cap off the syringe Jacob injected himself.  "Now you don't have to worry."

"Um," began Kevin watching Jacob closely.  "I may should have told you about the immediate effects."  As he stared closely he watched Jacob break out in a cold sweat.  Rushing to him he pushed him onto his back.  "I'm going to strap you down for my... I mean your safety."  Strapping Jacob down with the iron bands he scratched his forehead.  "Shit I should call your mom."

Tripping as he rushed to the table to grab his device he could hear Jacob straining against his binding.  Pressing a button he watched anxiously as Acadia picked up. "What's Jacob's true power level?"

Staring at the worried expression on Kevin's face she pursed her lips, "What have you done?"

"N-n-nothing," stuttered Kevin realizing that soon he'd have to give Lucas the same injection.  "But say I did do something you can't get angry."  Staring at the screen he watched it flicker before the screen went black.

"What have you done?"  Acadia stared down at Jacob snatching the earrings out of his ears.

"N-n-nothing!"  Pointing to the syringe laying on the floor he tripped toward the gurney.  "Jacob did it to himself."

Wiping the sweat from Jacob's brow she watched as his eyes rapidly changed colors.  Snapping toward Kevin she hissed, "So you are telling me Jacob came to your laboratory, went through your things, found the serum and a syringe, was able to put just the right amount into the syringe to not kill himself and injected it?"

"Well," began Kevin realizing that the story would sound kind of farfetched if he agreed.  "I did help a little bit."

Glaring at him she snarled, "What has he done and when while he stop convulsing?"