Chapter Thirty Seven

Ollyum - Gold Leaf District
Alliance Police Headquarters

Ebony stared at the terminal and took a deep breathe. Her home and children's school were being monitored and she was being followed when out. The only place that was even remotely a sanctuary was the police headquarters.  Running her fingers through her hair she laughed, she couldn't even really drop her guard while here either.

Seeing Parris McKean was watching her intently she ran her fingers through her straight auburn hair before pressing a sequence of buttons.  Sending a small salute and smile to Parris when he continued to watch her she decided it was best to ignore him.  He was creepy and she didn't like or trust him.

"Cassie, I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch with me?"

Ebony looked up to find Parris in his dark green and tan uniform staring down the cleavage of her uniform.  Shaking her head she replied curtly, "No thank you.  I have a full time work load and part time hours."  Grinning at her own joke she continued pressing buttons hoping he'd take the hint and leave.

He frowned at being rejected by the new hire and said with authority, "It's customary for the senior staff person to take the newbie out for lunch."

Ebony caught herself before she rolled her eyes, "I understand but I don't think I have time or the inclination."

Parris bent down over Ebony's shoulder pretending to see what she was working on. Massaging her shoulders he inhaled her vanilla and peach scent, "As your superior I believe you should make time to go to lunch with me if you'd like to remain with us."

Ebony pulled away from his unwelcomed touch, "Supervisor McKean are you threatening my position?"

Parris smirked at her look of dismay, "Of course I'm not.  That is against protocol, I'm saying that you haven't passed the 90 day probationary period yet and need a good review to remain here."

Ebony stared at him appalled by his words, "Supervisor McKean I believe you are threatening me."

Parris ran his cold sweaty hand across the exposed skin of her neck, "But new hire Axle can you prove it?"

Ebony growled in her throat as she spun around and glared at him, "Do not put your filthy hands on me!"  When she saw that others were now looking she raised her chin and stared down her nose at him, "I believe I will take this matter up with the head of this department."

Parris looked at the small woman and pressed his lips together into a fine angry line, "You are dismissed do not return tomorrow."

Ebony blinked at him twice in shock, "You do not have that authority!"  As she said this she saw that the person with the authority, Head Officer Lomax Carmela, was walking toward them and he didn't look happy.

When he approached he gave them both fierce looks, "Officer Axle why are you not working?"

Ebony gave him a woeful look, "I was working until I was ordered to go on a lunch date."

Head Officer Lomax stared from the lovely married red haired woman to her very single supervisor and frowned darkly, "Going on lunch with superiors is not a job requirement."

Ebony nodded her head and sat back down; first I have to deal with Jacob and all his demands at home and now I have to deal with this jerk too.  I can't even wrap my mind around why I'm still in a relationship with Jacob, she thought as she pressed buttons.  We've been together for five years and even have Mekhi, blinking at the screen she frowned as she pressed a button. Five years?

The Academy - Book II Editing For Publication जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें