Chapter 13

"I don't know when this happened but I found myself smiling like an idiot."

By the time Aahana reached the office, she was late by 20 minutes

By the time Aahana reached the office, she was late by 20 minutes. And to say she was nervous would be an understatement.

Though the staff didn't mind and threw their usual smiles her way, she couldn't help but worry her lip as she made her way to the cabin. CFO or not, she was always punctual but today, she'd broken one of her rules.

She pushed the door open and he looked up, his eyes capturing hers. They were blank, void of emotions which didn't help Aahana's situation.

She stood there silently, waiting to be yelled at by him, but she was surprised when Atharva didn't utter a word and focused on his laptop screen.

Gaping at him, she backed away to her desk and slumped in the chair, her eyes fixated on him.

Few minutes passed but nothing happened.

She sighed in relief and read the files once more before silently sliding it to Atharva's desk.

The little movement caught his attention and he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes as he picked up the file and went through it. He gave her an appreciative nod and placed it inside his drawer.

******

After the lunch break, Pranav knocked on the door softly and peeked his head inside. "As per your order, everyone has gathered in the conference room."

Atharva nodded curtly and stood up, waving his hand at Aahana to follow him.

With a curious look, she did so.

When the meeting was over, Aahana was immensely infuriated by Atharva. He was way too cunning than she could've imagined. He easily got rid of the female employees, and he didn't even have to fire them. All he did was transfer them to Bangalore office.

The girls did look upset but they didn't protest and the ones who had problem shifting still worked in the Delhi office but miles away from Atharva's floor. Only Kritika's position didn't waver since she was Aahana's personal assistant, and Atharva will not need to interact with her at all.

Aahana had made every employee she'd hired sign a one year contract which stated, neither can they leave Saxena Enterprises nor can they be fired. If any party breaks the rule, the employee can sue the company and vice versa.

And the very reason for all her efforts was to keep girls around him, but that ass Atharva put it to waste. Seeing the smug look on his face, she wanted to murder him.

But before she could think of ways to kill him, her phone blared. Gnawing on her bottom lip, she averted her gaze to the screen.

"What do you want?"