Crushed.

~ Charlotte's thoughts ~ 

I huffed and turned back onto my right side again, then two seconds later turned onto my back. I sighed fustratedly and reached across in the dark and found my phone. 3:50 am. Great. I've been tossing and turning for hours and I can't sleep. 

I've been up thinking about that kiss Hen and I shared. It's been replaying on my mind ever since it happened yesterday. It felt fucking great. To be honest, you wouldn't have known the amount of times I'd imagined that moment. Man, it took me some time to realize but I really do like Henry. He's so good looking, and his smirk and laugh get me all the time. He's so strong and muscular and he has a distinctive smell that just says, 'Henry'. But not only that, he's been there for me for so long, he's been a great friend and he's so caring and sweet. His truly a guy I'd want to be with.

But I'm scared. I thought Jacob liked me, but he didn't. Well he did, but...you know what I mean! Anyway, what if Henry was just caught up in the moment and doesn't actually like me in that way? I can deal with Jacob being a dick, but I wouldn't be able to deal with Henry hurting me. I'd be crushed. 

I think I need to protect myself before he has the chance to rip my heart out.
~/~/~

~ Henry's thoughts ~

I haven't been able to sleep. It's currently nearly 4 am. I've been thinking about Charlotte. Well, if I wanted anything to keep me up at night, I'd sure as hell want it to be her.
We kissed yesterday, and damn, it felt good. I can still imagine the feel of her lips on mine. I knew I liked Charlotte, but now I'm realizing that I really really like Charlotte. She feels the same way right? I mean, she kissed back so that means something.

Char is so beautiful. I've always thought she was pretty, but now that I really look at her, she's beautiful. Inside and out. She's funny, caring, intelligent. She has all the best qualities that I would look for in a girl and I get to call her my best friend. Soon, hopefully I can call her more than that.

When I drive her to school today, I'm gonna tell her how I feel.
~/~/~

"You're in a good mood this morning." Siren commented, seeing as Henry allowed Piper to have the last pancake.

"Well, life is good at the moment." Henry replied, grinning.

"Mom, there's something wrong with him." Piper rolled her eyes.

"You're funny Pipes." Henry smiled, getting up and grabbing his bag. Just then, his phone beeped.

'Hey Hen, don't worry about coming to pick me up, I'm running late so I'll just make my own way x' Charlotte's text message read.

Henry's face changed in confusion. He read the message loads of times.

"Everything okay sweetie?" Siren questioned.

"Huh? Oh...yeah, everything's fine. See you later." Henry then left the house and climbed into his car. Something didn't feel right, he didn't mind waiting for Charlotte.

'Char it's fine, I don't mind waiting for u xx' Henry text back and almost instantly Charlotte responded.

'No Hen, it's okay I'll see u at skl x'

Henry sighed irritably, why was she only giving him one 'x'? When he was giving her two? Yeah, that bothered him. He started his car. Great. The perfect day for Charlotte to be running late...not. Now he's going to have to tell her at school or wait until after school, which felt like a lifetime to Henry.