Facing The Inevitable

A/N: I'm back bitches!! Jk you guys aren't bitches 😂 Don't kill me for taking a century to update, school is just trying to take over my life atm. As its been a hot minute since I've updated, if you need to re-read the last chapter to refresh yourselves, don't hesitate! 😊

So it was now Saturday. The day of Amber's sleepover. The rest of the week had passed smoothly and Charlotte and Henry could both agree they'd never felt so happy in their lives.

They were definitely in the honeymoon period - not that they would see that period ending anytime soon. They really couldn't keep their hands off each other. But no one minded. Clarissa, Jasper and obviously Amber had been rooting for them to get together for ages so their obsessive displays of affection didn't bug their friends.

"So I'll be back tomorrow night." Henry said to his parents as he slung his backpack strap over his shoulder.

"Okay sweetie have fun." Siren smiled.

"Bye Hen." Jake also gave him a smile.

Henry left his house and climbed into his car and began the familiar route to Charlotte's house. Once he arrived he got out and walked up to her front door and rang the bell.

Charlotte's Mom opened it, "Hi Hen, come on in, she's still packing." Melanie let him in.

"Still? We're only staying for one night." Henry shook his head.

"Try telling Char that." Melanie sighed and Henry chuckled. They both took a seat on the sofa. Melanie faced Henry with a happy grin, "I just wanted to say, I'm so happy for you and Charlotte. I haven't seen her this happy since, well, ever! Even when she was convinced she really liked Jacob he never had the same affect on her that you do."

"Thanks Mrs B, that means a lot." Henry smiled warmly.

"It's just great to see my babygirl happy again after Jacob, I can tell how much you care about her and I know you won't hurt her."

"Damn right he won't." Danny said entering the front room and making Henry jump slightly.

"Come on Mr B, you don't need to give me the 'If you hurt my daughter I hurt you' talk, Char is too precious for that." Henry reassured.

"Okay, you've won me over!" Danny laughed, patting Henry on the back.

"Okay I'm ready." Charlotte said carrying her overnight bag on her shoulder as she came down the stairs. She was dressed in blue denim jeans which had some rips in them, and a black off-the-shoulder bardot top.

"Oh let me get that for you." Henry got up and took the bag from her.

"Thank you." Charlotte smiled appreciatively and pecked his lips.

"Less of that young lady." Danny said in mock-seriousness.

"Yeah yeah whatever. See you guys tomorrow." Charlotte hugged her parents.

"Bye honey, have fun." Melanie smiled.

"Sleep in separate sleeping bags!" Danny called as they were leaving and Charlotte cringed.

"Dad!" She exclaimed.

"Love ya!" Danny chuckled.

"You good?" Henry questioned as he started the car.

"I'm good. Are you excited for tonight?"

"Yup, a sleepover and my favorite girl will be there." Henry winked.

Charlotte smiled but then it faded - Henry noticed. "Hey, what's wrong Char?"

"Do you think we're like...gross?"