Heartache for Hen

Charlotte emerged from the girls bathroom at lunchtime and began to make her way to the library where the rest of her friends were.

"Charlotte, hey wait up!" Charlotte turned to the voice that was calling her and saw it was Alex Casey. A senior.

"Oh hey Alex." She smiled politely. They'd become good friends when Charlotte was in her freshman year and Alex was her assigned buddy helping her get to know her way around the school. Alex was struggling with biology so Charlotte agreed to help him and tutor him in her free time. Ever since they'd been good friends, and Charlotte was going to miss him when he left for college.

"So um, Matt - you know Matt right?" Alex double checked. When Charlotte nodded he continued. "Well he's having a little get together at his house and I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"Just me?" She questioned, adjusting the strap of her bag.

"Yeah, I realized that we don't really hang out much outside of school. Ever since I've been okay with Biology me and you just stopped hanging out. So, what do ya say Lottie?" He grinned that highly attractive grin of his.

Charlotte honestly disliked the nickname 'Lottie' but she let Alex call her that because she found him really hot.

"Mmm, I'm not sure." Charlotte smiled dubiously.

"Come on Char! It'll be fun." He bit his lip as he smiled at her. Trying her preferred nickname - hoping it would win her over.

"When is it?"

"Saturday."

"I'll think about it." She replied.

"Okay, think about it then. If it'll influence your decision, I really, really want you to be there." He gave her a warm grin.

"Thanks." Charlotte could feel herself blushing slightly. "I don't really know many seniors though."

"I'll introduce them to you on Saturday, that's if you'll come." He smirked.

"I'll think about it, okay? Thanks for inviting me."

"No problem." He winked and gently placed a finger under her chin before walking off.

Charlotte smiled to herself before walking into the library where her friends were.

"Hey guys." She said cheerily as she took a seat.

A combination of 'what's up' and 'Hey Char' came from the mouths of Henry, Jasper, Amber and Clarissa.

Clarissa looked at her skeptically, "Why do you look so happy?"

"Alex invited me to a party." Charlotte announced.

"Alex Casey?" Jasper clarified.

"Yeah." Charlotte nodded. "His friend Matt is having a party this Saturday and he asked if I wanted to go."

"What did you say?" Henry asked.

"I told him I don't know. But, I mean it's not every day you get invited to a seniors party." Charlotte reasoned.

"Omg I'm so jel! Matt is like so hot! Oh and don't get me started on Alex fucking Casey!" Clarissa gushed dreamily.

"Uh what?" Jasper looked at her, unimpressed.

"Uh...I mean you're way better baby." Clarissa added, kissing Jasper's cheek.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Jasper smirked at his girlfriend.