The Diary

If you plan to kill me after this I just want to inform you I have a lot of relatives who are IPS officers & many are lawyers so you'll get into great trouble
But trust me everything will be fine & happy ... It's just a matter of few episodes

Happy Reading❤

Dev came back home completely drenched. He crept to his room & gently shut the door. He turned to face the door & stood there for a while as if trying to gain some strength from the support of the door. He slowly walked towards a shelf. His face clearly reflected pain & agony as if his entire world had been snatched from him. He took out a diary with a brown cover ... He sat down near his bed & flipped through some pages ... These are excerpts from his diary ...

"I woke up in the morning, freshened up, went to school came back ...WHAT RUBBISH IS THIS! Just as rubbish as that fat girl, Ms. Potato ... What was she saying to Nikki in the bus that to improve your writing skills you should maintain a diary ... Rubbish is the idea ... Why did I even listen to her ideas"

He turned the page

"This is too girly ... I'll call my diary as a journal just like the Wimpy kid ... Stupid girl potato ... stupid diary thing"

Another page read ...

"Jatin is getting too close to that Sonakshi ... what journal didn't you get it? Sonakshi is Ms Potato ...If Jatin even thinks of dating her I'll punch him till his jaws come out ... Not because of Sona but because of Jatin who is my close friend & I won't share him with her"

He kept on reading

"That girl is mad, insane, bumped into me & then banged her against mine again saying that if I don't do so horns will grow on our heads ... When I laughed at her kiddish behavior she got offended stupid Sona"

A tear drop made its way through Dev's eyes & fell on the next page it was difficult to read but he continued

"I am feeling bad today for Sona she has no friends in class & she spends her break in the library sitting alone ... I thought that I saw her crying today ... I'm not sure ... Snobbish & egoistic she is ... she deserves it ... Mera Kolkata Mera Kolkata karti ghoomegi to kaun baat karega?"

Dev smiled at his unreasonable anger against Sona

"It was raining everyone was out of the class, the library was closed today. In the recess when I came back to the class I saw Sona standing alone, looking outside the class ... I was sure she was crying ... I looked at her & I was feeling sorry for her ... This potato is cute ... I couldn't see her crying but the bell rang & she wiped her tears & went back to her seat."

He flipped through some more pages

"Dev Dixit ... you stood 2nd in the class!! Sona came 1st ... I don't like this but for the first time I saw her smiling in the class ... So this chota sa failure is ok"

He read further

"Some guys were making fun of Sona & I fought with them ... I have got bruises all over my face & my lips are bleeding ... Lady Bacchan has scolded me so badly ... Why did I fight with them? They are louts & make fun of everyone but why couldn't I take it? Why is she so special?"

Dev wiped his eyes & smiled because he noticed that throughout he was unknowingly addressing Sonakshi as Sona. Next followed the Maggie adventure, Agra trip, His becoming the head boy, Khatta meetha nok-jhok with friends ... He went on flipping the pages till he found another entry which was dear to him