Revelations & Realisations

Sonakshi was staring at the ceiling, her eyes refused to blink. Completely bereft of sleep she looked around the room, this room was very different from her old house it wasn't pink & girlish but it was white ... The curtains, pillows & bed sheets were all white. The wall opposite to her bed had wooden tiles over it. Pictures from her life of almost all the important people were hanging over it. Her eyes got fixed at a picture of her & Sourabh Dada, after Dev had called him & asked him to send Sona's doll Charu to Delhi for her 17th birthday he had visited her ...

Dev was so caring. I could find comfort & safety around him. An ideal friend he was ... He never did big things, no expensive gifts, cheesy flirty dialogues ... just those little things that would make me fall for him over & over again

Sona kept on thinking about all the good days spend with him until her eyes fell on a photo of her with her entire gang ... Jatin, Vicky, Elena & Dev ... The smile that had crept on her lips faded as she remembered the day she proposed him & the harsh way in which he rejected her ...

In those two years of school you gave me a forever, Dev but why did you had to snatch my happiness like that... Maybe it's my fault... Had I not poured my heart out to you I would live in that happy bubble of mine ...

Her eyes were full of tears with these thoughts ... Her vision blurred when she saw another pic of hers with her friends that was their last picture clicked in Varanasi

11 years ... it has been almost 11 years since I decided to part ways with you all ... Not because I started hating this Aubhodro but because had I stayed with you all for a minute more I would have suffocated not because of his presence but because of this thought that keeps haunting me that there was something he was hiding from me ... I had no strength to connect the dots or the missing links ... I didn't want the entire group's friendship to crash because of our awkwardness ... I lost my everything ... I should hate you na Dev! Why can't I? Why is this small part of me shouting that there is something that is not catching my attention?

She noticed that her phone was ringing

Sona: Hello

Ritvik: Hello Sona ... kitna time laga diya phone uthane me ... We are not even engaged yet aur tum apne nakhre to dekho ... I wonder shaadi ke baad iss nanhi si jaan ka kya hoga

Sona: Kuch kam hai?

Ritvik: Huh?

Sona: Why have you called?

Ritvik: Wo ... there is an emergency in the hospital ... the patient has died but there is no oncologist in the hospital ... so dad may get into trouble because of this ... can you please come over?

Sona: What? The patient has died & now you are calling me! If there was some need of an oncologist you could have contacted me earlier ... How can you be so irresponsible?

Ritvik: Relax! Relax! The patient was as it is not going to survive long

Sona: Argghhh!!! You don't deserve to be called a doctor

Ritvik: Oh Jhansi ki Rani ... it's not a big deal ... Are you coming?

Sona: Hmmm

Sonakshi took out her car keys & drove out of her house. In 45 minutes she reached the hospital. It was too late the patient's family were taking her body away. As a doctor Sona was trained to stay detached from the sufferings of her patient but she could not stop feeling broken whenever a child died. She was about to go when Ritvik stopped her.